Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Bonking ... not feelin' well THEIR HERE - TICKS on the Cape

Just a little heads up* (or tick's heads down ) - Ticks are back & in Force on the Cape. Picked four this week buried deep in my tender flesh - little bastards!!! I think their the little red ones, got three in time to just dig deep & pluck off, the other one will show evidence for months & I feel very lethargic. I don't think their the carriers of the lyme, but as a former lyme victim I can attest it's not a fun trip. Be on the lookout, no matter what they are, I don't feel 100% . hope I'm just booze sick, at least I can ride that off.

edit: now if I could only figure out how to edit the THREAD HEADLINE. oh well, I rode today & got another TICK
    Last edited by Wiz; 04-03-2009 at 05:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Where were you riding in Cape Cod?

mtbr member
    I just use some of my dog's advantix. A few drops on the back of my neck and I'm tick free for a month. Just kidding, that's probably not doctor (or veterinarian) recommended, I hate those little bastards though. Got Lyme last summer from a tick picked up during trail work. Luckily I found it after a day, saw the rash starting, and got antibiotics. I didn't have it too bad.
    NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member
    They re alive and biting in central mass also. I had at least 5 on me from a 10 minute walk in the woods out in Leicester. Circusjunk on here found about just as many on his son.

Who are the brain police?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz
    Just a little heads up (or tick's heads down ) - Ticks are back & in Force on the Cape. Picked four this week buried deep in my tender flesh - little bastards!!! I think their the little red ones, got three in time to just dig deep & pluck off, the other one will show evidence for months & I feel very lethargic. I don't think their the carriers of the lyme, but as a former lyme victim I can attest it's not a fun trip. Be on the lookout, no matter what they are, I don't feel 100% . hope I'm just booze sick, at least I can ride that off.
    DEET on skin. Picaridin on clothes.
    Spring, Summer and Fall. Always.

The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    May 2008
    "Their Here" hmmmm

Haha... sorry to be the grammar police, but thats pretty hilarious to us educated folk.

over my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Connolly
    "Their Here" hmmmm

Haha... sorry to be the grammar police, but thats pretty hilarious to us educated folk.
    "grammar police" - nuff said.
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    And I thought I got embarrassed from some of my drunk postings, sorry THEY'RE HEAR. betta?
    Oh well, never too old to learn not to proof, Thanks. (Isn't that a double negative, oh man), I'm going down fast...time for shop-time & brew. I was going to figure out how to edit the Thread Post - but....just like college when others were studying I was riding or studding.
    BTW: Had A Nice (wet) ST ride today & 2 ticks took the ride too! Have a nice weekend people; Sunday looks awesome! Over-&-out.
    Last edited by Wiz; 04-03-2009 at 05:52 PM.