mtbr member

Stow Town Forest....aka Gardner Hill...

Have been doing some short rides out my door in Stow....but the long exploring has not happened as we have been hitting Vermont quite a few weekends and riding Kingdom Trails, Green mountain Trails, Millstone, Ascutney, Sunny Hollow , and Catamount. Home this weekend and put together a nice ride that included Stow Town Forest which is also know as Gardner Hill. There were some really nice flow sections along the Gravel pits as well as along the Assabet River. There were a few more rollercoaster single track sections in the middle of the forest near the White trail. Did not see any other riders but......Ran into 8 or so people walking their dogs, only on the double track area though. I did catch a runner on the single track at one point. Definitely enjoyable riding. Appreciate the work people have done to provide this good ride place, Ride On!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stow Town Forest....aka Gardner Hill...-image.jpg  

Stow Town Forest....aka Gardner Hill...-image.jpg  

Stow Town Forest....aka Gardner Hill...-image.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member

Re: Stow Town Forest....aka Gardner Hill...

Looks nice...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    i don't want to start posting in EVERY thread around here, but now that i have found this forum, i realize i have lots of maps for these spots...even if Gardner Hill isn't quite complicated enough to need a trail map...

Massachusetts: Stow: Gardner Hill Garmin Compatible Map - GPSFileDepot

The "Google Maps" link on that page can be used to open the map on an iPhone.

All my maps are here:
    GPSFileDepot - dbperry's Garmin Compatible Maps

Dave

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Ive ridden gardner hill a few times it is definitely sweet I agree. Im in bolton and lately ive been heading out to littleton and groton, there is some awesome riding. Last few rides Ive been hooked on Oak Hill in littleton, sick place!

mtbr member
    Rustybkr, dbperry, shredjekyll. Thanks for your replys ......the maps in particular are helpful. Headed to the NEMBA Event on Sunday at Great Brook to try some more local trails. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    what's Oak Hill like? thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    what's Oak Hill like? thanks
    Oak hill is great. Here is the webpage which includes a full map Littleton Conservation Trust.

I've been over there 6 times in the last two weeks and I still can't wait to go back. I've been riding roughly 4-8 miles each time which takes around 30mins to an hour.

The trails are all marked very well (colored markers on trees) and there are different routes you can take depending on what type of terrain you're in the mood for.

So far I have found 5 solid downhillish sections which all last from 20 seconds to over 2 minutes.

It is very technical riding in certain areas but there is something for everyone.

If you use strava there are a ton of segments crammed into the site. There is also some very good scenery to enjoy, such as Lookout Rock, which provides a sweet view and a nice place to relax.

It would be ideal to have at least 140mm travel front and back in order to get the most out of the trail system in my opinion. I have 160 up front and 163 out back and I use over 90% of travel every time i go there.

Overall, I have ridden a LOT of trail systems in Central MA over the past 8-10 years and Oak Hill is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Really my only complaint is you do have to be aware of dog walkers and runners, but I have only run into about 4 groups overall.

PS. I am very picky about how I spend my riding time and I hate riding flat easy singletrack, so when I enjoy a trail system chances are it is a relatively challenging location.

mtbr member
    Thanks Shred. Will add Oak Hill to the list of places to check out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Checked out the Anaconda trails near shaw's and the power lines/plant in groton today and they were sweet once we figured out where to go and where everything good was. Theres a bunch of strava segments that are easy to find since the power plant is huge on the map. There are three 1.7-2.0 mile segments that are incredibly flowy and a blast to ride if you have a decent set of lungs. Easily a couple dozen awesome berms and flowing turns that put a big smile on my face. So far I am really impressed with what groton and littleton have to offer and I can't wait to explore more, there are 4 more large trail systems with a lot of elevation within 5-7 miles of the anaconda trails. I would type more but I've got to mow the lawn and hopefully go bike again after that!

mtbr member
    Groton will always be my favorite. Probably the only reason I regret leaving Townsend