Thread: Southbridge

mtbr member

Southbridge

Has anyone rode the trail behind the charlton street school in southbridge? I talked to a guy at the lbs today and he said there is many miles of singletrack back there. He also said all trails are marked well also.
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr comp
    1998 Specialized Stumpjumper S2(Metal Matrix)

mtbr member
    Well we rode it this saturday morning. Not a bad set of trails. Pretty much all single track. Most trails are marked at the begining of the trails, but its not perfect yet. Definitly worth trying out..

mtbr member
    Great maps woodsguy, thanks alot !!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Highlander! Think this is worth checking out on Saturday? I've got a few hours while staying in Spencer and was going to ride Hodges Village, but I'd rather try something new like this...

mtbr member
    Fitch, sorry i didnt catch your post earlier. I am riding tommorow(sunday) and my normal riding buds are busy. Im either going to southbridge or tantasqua jr high in sturbridge. Not early though because i work nights...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm the trail builder out there , heres some quick info on these trails :
    They were started in October 2011 . I'm not allowed to post a link yet because I'm new to this forum but if you go to the GARMIN site and look up Southbridge,MA ... look up the "Charlton St Recreation Area" , there will be a post by "jackassmtnbkr" on 11/22 , this IS the most current system .
    The series of loops to the south & southwest are the newest thanks to SCHOTT NORTH AMERICA signing on and agreeing to allow me to build . These trails are temporarily marked as SCHOTT LOOP 1 , 2 & 3 , I'm still awaiting for official trail names from SCHOTT . Once I have them , more wooden engraved signs will then be put up , these trails will be officially recognized and a map kiosk will eventualy be put up .
    As far as the trails go in the middle and to the north & northwest , my friend owns the property , he allows people to use it and I have written permission to build , his only request is that I not publicize them ( Map Kiosk , Official website dedicated to his trails etc . ) Forums are fine , and showing people around and having regular rides are kool too .
    We can't hold any official events on either properties where money is exchanged ( Races , TT's where you have to pay , NEMBA rides you have to pay , everything must remain free to use )
    To date there are 10.90 miles of trails available ( by trip meter , not GPS ) , this will continue to grow weekly ...

Enjoy !
    Last edited by jackassmtnbkr; 11-23-2012 at 09:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Brian, we that ride there really apprciate your efforts, your doing an awesome job !!!