mtbr member

Snowed Out? Arcadia, RI?

According to the snow depth chart, my usual winter spot of Otis is covered in snow: NERFC Snow Depth Map

I'm contemplating hitting Rhode Island, Arcadia Park since it appears free of snow and only about a 5-10 minute difference in driving. Has anyone visited Arcadia recently? Are there any rideable spots in MA that I'm missing?

mtbr member
    I'm waiting to hear a report back from someone who's doing trail maintenance there today. Watch for his report here.

CP
    Sep 2005
    Word has it Lincoln Woods is snow free...that's a much closer option, although there are some some nice trails to hit in Arcadia

mtbr member
    The snow depth chart shows that Otis is okay. Any word on that?
    NERFC Snow Depth Map

The only time I've ever ridden Otis in the absolute muck was when there was an ample supply of melting snow on the ground and alongside the trail. My guess is those are the current conditions.

Also, I wouldn't put too much weight on the weather service snow depth map to determine riding conditions because it's more of a macro view. 6" to 9" inches of snow isn't going to disappear in 2 days of 40 degree temps. There will still be plenty of snow in the shaded areas.

I rode down in RI today and it was good. The snow is pretty much gone as you get into RI.

mtbr member

Snowed Out? Arcadia, RI?

Massasoit is pretty clear of snow and only muddy on the left side where it's always muddy!!

...I will add that if I wrong about this let me know since I wouldn't mind riding down there tomorrow. There is no substitute for first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by (Tom) View Post
    The only time I've ever ridden Otis in the absolute muck was when there was an ample supply of melting snow on the ground and alongside the trail. My guess is those are the current conditions.

Also, I wouldn't put too much weight on the weather service snow depth map to determine riding conditions because it's more of a macro view. 6" to 9" inches of snow isn't going to disappear in 2 days of 40 degree temps. There will still be plenty of snow in the shaded areas.

I rode down in RI today and it was good. The snow is pretty much gone as you get into RI.