View Poll Results: Should ME, VT, NH, MA, CT and RI be in one forum?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 40.00%
  • no

6 60.00%
    mtbr member

Should ME, VT, NH, MA, CT and RI be consolidated into one forum?

The MA forum, and the CT/RI forum both see very little activity. At times the ME/VT/NH forum is a bit slow. Geographically all of these states are very close to each other. Do you guys think it makes sense to roll all six states into a New England forum?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I was hoping the MA activity would increase, particularly for central and western mass. I want to hit more trails, etc but with limited free time it would be beneficial to hear about whats going on in the general area. There are some really good local websites but they tend to be freeride intensive. Maybe it is just huck envy in regards to the other sites but I like the XC/adventure and techinical type feedback this website has.

pepito
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kjfp
    I was hoping the MA activity would increase, particularly for central and western mass. I want to hit more trails, etc but with limited free time it would be beneficial to hear about whats going on in the general area. There are some really good local websites but they tend to be freeride intensive. Maybe it is just huck envy in regards to the other sites but I like the XC/adventure and techinical type feedback this website has.
    where are you located?

the_dude

pepito
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    where are you located?

the_dude
    nevermind....just checked out your profile. i live in southwick. drop me a line sometime if you want to go for a ride.

the_dude

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I may take you up on that, but god knows when. I have to squeeze in riding amongst crazy work hours and shuttling the kids. How is Granville Gorge? Is it worth driving to from Spfld. I generally don't mind driving, especially if there is a good pay off.

pepito
    Jun 2004
    I may take you up on that, but god knows when. I have to squeeze in riding amongst crazy work hours and shuttling the kids. How is Granville Gorge? Is it worth driving to from Spfld. I generally don't mind driving, especially if there is a good pay off.
    same boat here. between work and my 18 month old son, my riding time is less than i'd like. especially at this time of the year. i've been charging up the lights every day at work and sneaking in an hour or two on the trails at night. as for the gorge, yes, i'd say it's worth it. i rode it for the first time in a few years the other night, and couldn't remember why i ever stopped riding there. there's a nice mixture of fire roads, technical double/singletrack, and freshly cut, tight, smooth singletrack. and a lot of climbing as well. how's the mount tom side of the holyoke range? i've only ridden the bear hole/mclean reservoir area, and i've got mixed feelings. have you ever ridden robinson state park? it'd be a quick drive from springfield, and there's miles of trails in there. let me know if you're ever interested in a ride, anywhere. anytime, really. i've got a lot of family in the area, so finding a babysitter in a pinch usually isn't a problem. drop me an email. mattvargus at yahoo dot com.

the_dude

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    same boat here. between work and my 18 month old son, my riding time is less than i'd like. especially at this time of the year. i've been charging up the lights every day at work and sneaking in an hour or two on the trails at night. as for the gorge, yes, i'd say it's worth it. i rode it for the first time in a few years the other night, and couldn't remember why i ever stopped riding there. there's a nice mixture of fire roads, technical double/singletrack, and freshly cut, tight, smooth singletrack. and a lot of climbing as well. how's the mount tom side of the holyoke range? i've only ridden the bear hole/mclean reservoir area, and i've got mixed feelings. have you ever ridden robinson state park? it'd be a quick drive from springfield, and there's miles of trails in there. let me know if you're ever interested in a ride, anywhere. anytime, really. i've got a lot of family in the area, so finding a babysitter in a pinch usually isn't a problem. drop me an email. mattvargus at yahoo dot com.

the_dude
    I would like to eventually go out to the Gorge but I can't right now. I will try to e-mail you when I might be able to do it.

I can show you a pretty cool loop at Robinson. It gets slammed for not being "technical" enough but there are some really sweet spots. There are some trails that have a roller coaster flow I'll continue this later.................

pepito
    Jun 2004
    I would like to eventually go out to the Gorge but I can't right now. I will try to e-mail you when I might be able to do it.

I can show you a pretty cool loop at Robinson. It gets slammed for not being "technical" enough but there are some really sweet spots. There are some trails that have a roller coaster flow I'll continue this later.................
    yeah...going out to the gorge from springfield would require a decent block of time, so i really didn't expect you to be able until maybe next riding season. i'm close (within 15 minutes) and i still don't really have the time to ride it.

as for robinson, yeah it's not technical, but's it's a hell of alot of fun. definate roller coaster action, some nice little climbs, and fast hard-packed trails. it's one of my favorite places to ride flat-out at high rpms (singlespeed), and get a good cardio workout in.

just shoot me an email whenever you want to hook up for a ride. i'm willing to take a drive out to the holyoke range, just lemme know. later.

the_dude