BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"

School Street, Beverly?

Anyone know trail conditions at School Street in Beverly? I know Cape Ann didn't get much snow in this last storm, just wondering how it effected things in there.

MC MasterShake
    Hosed. That hasn't been ride-able all winter. I tried Dogtown today (which gets the least snow of all) and it was a mushy mess.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"
    I stopped by one of the trail heads on Pine Street last night. Looked like about an inch of loose granular. I'm wondering how that would work out for an early morning ride?

What time of the day did you hit DogTown? "Mushy Mess" was it due to loose granular, mud, high temps or all of the above?

Just trying to get a feel. I've got some guys that want to come our way and I don't want them to make the trek if we'll just end up getting "Hosed".

MC MasterShake
    Honestly, I think your SOL. We've been riding Dogtown for the past 6 weeks and B&T's for the past 2 and it was about 90% frozen dirt before this last storm. We've also been at Greenwood/Gordon which has been basically a sheet of thick ice requiring studs. Dogtown got about 4 inches of wet snow while everyone else got about 6" during this last storm. I went out yesterday at around 4 (I know too warm) and it was a big slushy mess with extremely soft dirt and mud underneath. I tried going out at 8 this a.m. and turned around. The dirt underneath has firmed up but the slush on top is not freezing hard enough and nobody is hiking/snowmobiling, XC skiing to pack things down. If Dogtown is this bad pretty much everywhere else on the Shore is going to worse.

Keep in mind the Gordon, Pine Street, etc. trails are usually some of the last to get clear because they are low lying trails that don't drain as well and have a lot of surrounding trees. My guess is we need at least 2 weeks of days like we've been having to even start thinking about riding there. I give Dogtown a week or less. Now if we get a cold snap and everything freezes that will change everything.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

BMJ
    "42 lbs and climbing!"
    Ya, more thaw or a hard freeze would be nice. I'll take the thaw personally, preferably without any follow-up snow storms. No control over that though.