Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CRAZY FRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,674

    School St. needs alittle help...

    In attempt to continue on keeping the hottest riding spot in NE. on the down low,can those interested in helping me clean up some of the mess out there from that last bad storm(alot of down trees)shoot me a pm or e-mail.I tryed to do a little trail work last night during my ride,but I need saws and a couple sets of hands. Also in attempt to keep respect with those who have made this place what it is(the guys who have been riding there long before me)I'm not trying to step on toes,I'm just trying to keep it clean and to give back not just take.So if someone is already on this and would rather me help those people(or to not do anything at all) just let me know please.Some should take notice,this is how you do trail matinence,respect those who have been there loooong before you came along,understand that helping in trail work doesn't make that place now yours.And last but not least, get in there do the work,get out and continue to ride. With out putting your name next to everything you do and letting the WHOLE world know what you do every single time you do it.Unless your ok with 80% of the riders haveing 0 respect for you.Peace.CF...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    Sweet, a lecture from Freddy on how to be respected.

    Fredstar, look around. 80% of the North Shore riders have 0 respect for you right now.

    Way to go with the "attempt to continue on keeping the hottest riding spot in NE. on the down low" by posting the street on the internet.

    Anyone in the "WHOLE world" who can use google maps can enter this in and sort through the options and find the one near a wooded area.

    If you want to help the trails, talk to the few people who can tollerate you and get them to help you.

    Your attitude is junk.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CRAZY FRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,674

    You don't really think you got what it takes?Do you?

    I guess not posting under a bogus name.Oh unless you want us to belive that you just joined MTBR today to come out your neck at me,in which case you must have really got a hard-on for me( and have had it for some time) 1st up you need to give respect to get it and I don't fu@ken respect no one(except for my riden group the best here in NE)So I could give two Fu@ks about who does or doesn't respect me.Especially some nobody like you hiding behind a fake log in name.If you cared so much about School St than why haven't you cleaned it up?School St is a big long St. in Essex do you really think people will find where I'm talking about.And you know what,Who the Fu@k are you to think you control any spot and can keep it under raps?I'll be there tomorrow at 6:00 next move is yours tuff guy.Oh yea better have a REALLY good breakfest tomorrow.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    I guess not posting under a bogus name.Oh unless you want us to belive that you just joined MTBR today to come out your neck at me,in which case you must have really got a hard-on for me( and have had it for some time) 1st up you need to give respect to get it and I don't fu@ken respect no one(except for my riden group the best here in NE)So I could give two Fu@ks about who does or doesn't respect me.Especially some nobody like you hiding behind a fake log in name.If you cared so much about School St than why haven't you cleaned it up?School St is a big long St. in Essex do you really think people will find where I'm talking about.And you know what,Who the Fu@k are you to think you control any spot and can keep it under raps?I'll be there tomorrow at 6:00 next move is yours tuff guy.Oh yea better have a REALLY good breakfest tomorrow.
    I actually did just join yesterday and yes it is a bugus name, but what the hell does "come out your neck at me" mean?

    You say you don't respect "no one" and don't care who respects you, but that was YOUR WHOLE POINT in your original post. So which is it?
    Besides, respect is earned, it's not a reciprical give and take. That might be part of your problem.

    Who am I to think I can keep a spot under wraps? YOU said you were keeping it "ON THE DOWN LOW." So what are you really doing?

    I don't really ride school st, but when I do, and if I see a mess, I'll stop and clean it up. Just like everwhere else I ride. You're not special for doing that.

    Look "tough guy" you're bigger than me and probably a stronger and more daring rider than me (retard streangth will enable that), but I don't care, because I have fun when I ride, I make new friends, and I don't threaten people while typing like a third grader.

    You are a joke around the North Shore. Realize that, change your tough-guy/I'm-the-best attitude and start being respected. Maybe you'll have more fun.

    OK I'm done. Later.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CRAZY FRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,674

    Your done alright.....

    I may be alot of things but a coward i'm not(can't even log under your real name)Type like a thrid grader?WOW thanks I didn't think I was a day past the first grade(yea like no ones ever doged on my lack of grammer)I am human(on most days)and the school St. thread was not the smartest thing I've ever done,I went into this thread with a different end result in mind.That being said I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong,I didn't wake up on Wednesday with the intent to exploit the Essex riding spot,rather to try and keep it as great a spot at it is(truth be told Its the most fun on a bike I've had in the 19 plus years I've been here in NE.)And speaking of 19 plus riding years here in NE.'I'm a joke" 'Have fun" and 'Make friends"I at times can be a complete as$,but ask anyone who really knows how much I've done for this sport(I'm sure way way more than you)nothings makes me more happier than opening people's eyes to what I belive is the greatest sport ever.I've always taken the shirt off my back or the $6000.00 bike from under me and given it to an all most complete stranger so to better that persons situation.I got many many friends(and most likely as many people who dis- like me) and much much respect(from those who's respect I care about having)As you hide behind your bogus log in name you speak as if you know me,and its very clear that you don't.I've had like seven people PM me about clean up and six of them said where on School St. are you talking about,point is its a big place and most don't know the just of it.I repleyed to your post last night in the wrong space and the result was a child like respond,I do respect most riders and am concerned about people's opinion.Check your facts before you take on a battle you could never win,this was clearly about something else, maybe you should look into that.Thinking i'm the best might more about how YOU think about yourself,Right now I'm riding the worse I've ever riden am are dead last on almost all group rides.But Its about the fun of it and that's why I'm out there. NEXT.CF....

  6. #6
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,432
    I think Fred's intentions were good. He was looking for some help cleaning up a spot he loves without trying to step on anybody's toes in the process.

    Fred has been in the game for a long time, and for that fact alone should be respected as a rider. You may or may not like the guy or his attitude but you have to give him props for being in the sport locally since the early days. I personally love his I don't give a rats azz attitude.

    Peace
    Voltron

  7. #7
    Who are the brain police?
    Reputation: Locoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,997
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    I think Fred's intentions were good. He was looking for some help cleaning up a spot he loves without trying to step on anybody's toes in the process.

    Fred has been in the game for a long time, and for that fact alone should be respected as a rider. You may or may not like the guy or his attitude but you have to give him props for being in the sport locally since the early days. I personally love his I don't give a rats azz attitude.

    Peace
    Don't sweat the TROLL aka "Crazy Who?".
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    19
    Fred,

    Not sure exactly what was going on in that jumble of words you put together, but did you say that you always give your $6000 bike to strangers, just to better their situation?

    I'm finding that kind of hard to believe.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    Nice Fred. That was a well put together statement, which proves you are capable of some reason.
    Where you fall short however is assuming that you know who I am and what I have done for the community and the north shore trail systems. Not wanting to drag my affiliations into this mud-slinging I've sunk to may make me seem cowardly, but I assure you're not the only one in this conversation who has loaned a bike/shirt/helmet/gloves/etc to promote the sport or spent days doing trail maintenance. For many many years.
    Honestly, you struck a nerve with me with your 'I know best-learn from me' attitude. From my perspective your name is not associated with the positives of the sport. I hear stories of you pushing a kid off a drop, slandering people, making fun of people's equip, and getting angry at those who disagree with you. I have yet to hear a positive story about you that doesn't involve hucking something huge. (we have met and ridden years back by the way)
    Just being in the sport a long time does not earn you anything. It's your perception in the community that earns you respect and a good reputation.
    I appreciate all the positive things you do try and accomplish. I hope to start hearing the good CF stories.

  10. #10
    Northern Aggressor
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    708

    Caveat

    I moved to San Diego three years ago, after living in Boston for the first 25 years of my life. And I have to say, people on left coast just can't argue like we Mass-Holes can.

    PS Maybe if you guys could ride year around, on 4000' downhills. you woudn't be so pissed! (feel free to tear me apart now)

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CRAZY FRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,674

    I got your fu@ken jumble right here.........

    [QUOTE=huge_pop]Fred,

    Not sure exactly what was going on in that jumble of words you put together, but did you say that you always give your $6000 bike to strangers, just to better their situation?

    I'm finding that kind of hard to believe.[/QUOTe Not always to total stangers but close. I have always had the latest and the greatest in anything and everything that has to do with MTB from the 21 pound $3600.00 ridged Kleins of the 90's to the almost $7000.00 Nicolai's of today(yes two of them)and made these bikes happen anyway I could. At times, before I ate to the stick-up days of the early 90's(not proud just a fact)most days biking to me meant staying clean.I went to any lengths to get my drugs,and I'd do the same for the bikes(a drug of a different form)Having grown up on Essex St. down town lynn my bikes were borrowed or pulled out of dumpsters, can of stolen spray paint and some more borrowed parts.Till my first real bike in 1979(Ramper)from my Father for my Birthday( who died two weeks later).Knowing all to well about not having ANYTHING nice. Yes over the years I've always helped people that didn't have it as good or just whatever "Here try this" Always always always. Even now my boy Sweed who needed wheels for this season (I gave him a new pair of Spinergy's) To the most recent case of a guy I just met and am riding with(Who loves Essex)who is starting to see he needs more than his 3 " Seven I'm putting him on my CC for a couple weeks to see what a big difference a 5" bike can make.So sorry about what you have a hard time believing.(yea NOT)Those who know, know.Always labeled the bad guy,most of which is my fault,to all the bad stories that Crazy Who spoke of(most of them true)But not too many know the good stories(don't want to ruin my image Ha)But truth be told I'd walk out with someone else's broken bike and leave them in on my almost always perfect running bikes. CF..

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3
    I'm posting under a fake name because I really don't want to deal with being in an argument with you Fred. I'm not afraid of you, I just don't want to deal with your BS.

    I have three things to say.

    Crazy who is spot on.

    Every time someone calls you out you go back to the "poor kid from Lynn who did bad $hit". Sorry man, that must be tough, but it's still not an excuse for being an as$hole. You obviously never grew out of that.

    No one gives a damn what your bike(s) cost.

  13. #13
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    Well, I do appreciate you letting me ride your Enduro after I cracked my frame. That was a kind favor. You have great intentions from what I can tell, I just wish everyone (and I) could ride with you sometime to see who you really are. BTW: Our group only found two downed trees on that roller. But, it appeared that we would need saws and did not want to spend a while trying to move them as darkness was fast approaching. You have to put a kicker at the top and gap that thing...
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Don't sweat the TROLL aka "Crazy Who?".
    Is it still considered trolling if half the people posting on this thread agree with Crazy Who?

  15. #15
    jgi
    jgi is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2

    sounds like something you would say

    for being an idiot then just make up an excuse as too why others act that way but you have not done a thing yet you wont work together or share just march to a different beat while not all of us act that way just some like you????

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4
    Fred, thanks for your last post.
    I said what I wanted to say and now this fake screen name is going in th trash.

    Quote Originally Posted by jgi
    for being an idiot then just make up an excuse as too why others act that way but you have not done a thing yet you wont work together or share just march to a different beat while not all of us act that way just some like you????
    Is this supposed to make some kind of sense to anyone?

    Brendan Cahill - Right on. Any riding in TJ? (besides the kind that gives you vd)

  17. #17
    Who are the brain police?
    Reputation: Locoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,997
    CF was just looking for help w/ some trail work that would benefit probably a good % of the SOBs that have posted or read this thread. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Get a grip. None of this b|tching was necessary or called for.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    CF was just looking for help w/ some trail work that would benefit probably a good % of the SOBs that have posted or read this thread. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Get a grip. None of this b|tching was necessary or called for.
    It was called for and necessary long ago. As much as Fred may want to "help" he's done nothing for us than give a bad name, and I'm ashamed to share what I love with Fred.

    I'll throw this name away for said reasons, but Fred if you read this learn one thing. You don't have any respect here, and if you want some respect you need to take a hiatus, come back and actually earn it.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CRAZY FRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,674

    Earn the respect of a NOBODY?

    Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy
    It was called for and necessary long ago. As much as Fred may want to "help" he's done nothing for us than give a bad name, and I'm ashamed to share what I love with Fred.

    I'll throw this name away for said reasons, but Fred if you read this learn one thing. You don't have any respect here, and if you want some respect you need to take a hiatus, come back and actually earn it.
    Dude are you going to make it?As this thread tottaly consumed you?"Don't have any respect here"Where is here?And who made you the "RESPECT MASTER"? This is a war that you are not and will never win 'LET IT GO" CRAZY WHO had a valid and much warranted rant.He said his piece(point well taken)and moved on.End result he opened my eyes and made his point stick in my head.And with that got respect (from me anyway)that he may or may not wanted.You on the other hand are a mess,I'm sorry they took your milk money in school but ripping into me is not going to fix anything.Either get in the back of the "We don't like CF line"and take notice that the"We love CF line"that is,has been, and always will be much bigger longer and stronger than the line your in(all be it a big line in its self I got that)most of which is hear say ban wagon along for the ride type of dis-like.Or you could loose the candy a$$ log in name that your so comfortable hiding behind,met me some where and let what ever it REALLY is that's eating away at you come to the surface.No that's not a threat,or an invitation to a good old school beat down.Which I'm big enough to realize and say could go either way)But I won't be loosing any sleep over it.I find this hard to belive that I've ever done something so bad to deserve all this rage and hate.I'm thinking this is more about you than it is me.I am for sure done with this chick bit@h sh!t,a response on this forum from you at this point(or anyone else)is a complete joke and flat out waste of time that could and should be spent riding.CF....

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Dude are you going to make it?As this thread tottaly consumed you?"Don't have any respect here"Where is here?And who made you the "RESPECT MASTER"? This is a war that you are not and will never win 'LET IT GO" CRAZY WHO had a valid and much warranted rant.He said his piece(point well taken)and moved on.End result he opened my eyes and made his point stick in my head.And with that got respect (from me anyway)that he may or may not wanted.You on the other hand are a mess,I'm sorry they took your milk money in school but ripping into me is not going to fix anything.Either get in the back of the "We don't like CF line"and take notice that the"We love CF line"that is,has been, and always will be much bigger longer and stronger than the line your in(all be it a big line in its self I got that)most of which is hear say ban wagon along for the ride type of dis-like.Or you could loose the candy a$$ log in name that your so comfortable hiding behind,met me some where and let what ever it REALLY is that's eating away at you come to the surface.No that's not a threat,or an invitation to a good old school beat down.Which I'm big enough to realize and say could go either way)But I won't be loosing any sleep over it.I find this hard to belive that I've ever done something so bad to deserve all this rage and hate.I'm thinking this is more about you than it is me.I am for sure done with this chick bit@h sh!t,a response on this forum from you at this point(or anyone else)is a complete joke and flat out waste of time that could and should be spent riding.CF....
    Thanks Fred. Made my day. Next time I need a therapist I'll give you a ring.

    **** off.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: btf95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    121
    Holy crap. What the hells going on over here? I really thought about not responding to this thread. Thinking maybe it just should go away. So I'm going to make this post short and sweet.

    Believe me when I say this...Fred has his heart in the right place. Maybe sometimes it does not come out in written text as PC as some peeps think it should. But Fred truly is unselfish and forever giving. And I consider him a good friend and a friend to all MTBers.

    Now "edit" out the "School St" references

  22. #22
    Northern Aggressor
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy
    Thanks Fred. Made my day. Next time I need a therapist I'll give you a ring.

    **** off.
    Last edited by Evil Chocula; 06-04-2007 at 01:55 PM.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: btf95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    121
    let it go brendon. Stop stirring the pot..

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    90
    I'll give props to the guy. He may seem 'crazy' but he loves the sport and encourages the hell out of people to push their limits.

    I've never seen him be anything but positive to other riders, whether they are xc folks doing their first 6" drop or somebody hitting up an 10' drop.

    He's trying to help clean up the trails at a place he love's to ride. This thread should have been nothing but positive.

  25. #25
    over my head
    Reputation: bullymadison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    294
    For what it's worth, I rode with Fred and his Sunday a.m. crew in LW once or twice and in Gloucester twice (broke my rib the last time), two seasons ago. I showed up on an out dated XC bike and I was in way over my head - While the whole crew were great guys I have to say that Fred went out of his way to make conversation and give me some pointers (and show me the B lines) on some of the tough sections. So, Crazy Who guy - lay off - It takes all types of people - I say : CRAZY FRED FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •