Awww CRAP!
    Mar 2010

Scenic Bike Paths??

So I got my wife a bike and I was wondering where there were some nice paved paths to go ride.. She's not going to ride on anything other than pavement at this point so I'm looking for a few good places to go. Thanks
    2010 Stumpjumper FSR Expert

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Minuteman Bike Path

Here is one in the Boston Metro Area:

http://www.minutemanbikeway.org/Pages/intro.html

There are also other trails listed at the following link:

http://www.minutemanbikeway.org/Pages/beyond.html

Some are not paved, but I doubt if any are technical.

Good luck,

John

( )
    Nov 2004
    One of the most scenic bike paths in Mass is the Shining Sea Bikeway in Falmouth. Lots of beautiful views from North Falmouth to Woods Hole. Plenty of places to stop along the way for lunch, etc.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You could always try the bike path along the canal on cape cod.

Also wompatuck has a bunch of paved bike paths that go through the woods, and if you're looking to get her on single track eventually that might be a good way to ease her into what it would be like to be riding in the woods.

Awww CRAP!
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys.. I've gotten a pretty good list together between this post and the one on the Nemba boards. I'm sure we'll have a good time checking these places out.

HMMMM?? I wonder If i can convince her that i need a new bike to ride on pavement....lol

rack admirer

Wompatuck

If you take her to Wompatuck, the paved and unpaved intertwine frequently. You may be able to generate some MTB curiosity by mapping out a paved course and observing and wondering where the trails go. While mainly rooty and rocky, you can scope out some fairly smooth unpaved trails and blend them in to further tempt.
    MCM # 57

Awww CRAP!
    Mar 2010
    We'll have our 1 year old in a bike seat on the back so going anywhere off road is probably not happening.. besides if she starts liking mountain biking, then I would have to find another hobby to get away once in a while.....lol

the test dummy
    cape cod rail trail is very nice, and theirs a wicked nice and scenic bike path in eastham that goes to the ocean and winds around in the marshes and stuff. only about 1.3 miles each way and its got a few little hills. not sure what the address is for the visitor center is but ill find it if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    There is plenty of paved trail along the Charles River in Boston. You could also follow the Harborwalk through whichever neighborhood(s) you want. I like the Harborwalk through Charlestown (and while you're there you can ride through and around the Navy Yard too).

Go on a Sunday and park at a meter for free =)