Thread: Savoy?

Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008

Savoy?

A little help here? Anyone know anyone to talk to regarding Savoy? The IMBA site has it listed as EPIC, but I don't seem to know anyone who's ridden up there... or... is the Savoy being talked about really just Hawley? Any help would be great. Thanks,

JS.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Here is the trail map of the forest.
    http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/trails/savoy-summer.gif

If you go to the ranger station at the campground they can give you more info on the trails, some of them still might not be clear due to the ice storm.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Savoy is epic if what you like are fireroads that were spun out on by ATVs for years. There is some ST that is OK riding according to the locals, but most of them spend much more time in Hawley or at other places in the Berks.

IMBA should remove Savoy from their Epic list. I've requested them to do that many times, but to no avail...

H.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008
    Thanks Harold. This was exactly the info I was looking for. Perhaps the word Epic needs to be revisited.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Honestly,

It's yet another sign of IMBA's colrado (anti-east) chauvanism. Pretty much they assume the only Epic ride an easterner has access to or can handle is a lame fire-road extravanganza! Screw IMBA-that's why I keep all my advocacy dollars local.

btw Pittsfield State Forest is pretty damn Epic as well...and it's long standing goods are finally coming on line to general public...

Liam