Thread: Root 66?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Root 66?

I'm looking at a move to NE soon and am wondering about the Root 66 series, is it well run, well attended, etc? Are there other series in NE that I should also look at?

TIA

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

rt66

yes rt 66 is a good series with good attendace. lots of good locations.

I like to ride my bike.
    I did 9 Root 66 Races last year. About 250-400 racers for each race. There is the EFTA series also, which is fine, but less people attend those.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

i'm going to race in the 66 series next year

I live in CT and plan to race the rt 66 series next year.
    I've heard nothing but good things about it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks, ya'll.

the giant.
    i did the rt 66 series this summer. very well run and a very good atmosphere. i can guarantee there will be at least 10 people that you could easily get along with.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

route 66

Looking forward to it. I'm located in the tolland cty, CT area, but will to drive some to meet for rides. We also have a lot trails out here. Always looking for some new riders to hang with.

Tried to sneak out a ride before the snow/rain cam yesterday to a local 1.5 or so mile loop, all pine needles so no leaves and mostly single track up and down stuff... A fast run, but couldn't get it in What I am most curious about is the different locations of each race. I think it will be fun to change it up constantly. How is Framington, Ct these days, if you know? I rode there several times about 7 years ago. I am putting together a second schwinn hg right now for winter riding so I can my other two bikes warm

Any of you can email me privately, if you would like to set a ride up one of these wkds or even a day off from work should the snow disappear so we see the trails? Sam.