mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Robinson conditions ?

Anyone know how when it could be a go?, and does anyone know which trails are kid friendly ie: not so hilly and rough? thanks

Steam Donkey
    At least another week. Some spots have two inch thick ice, some spots have 4-5 inches of crusty snow, and a bunch is down to dirt. Rain and warm should change things pretty fast over the next few days, then it will need a few more days to dry out. I can post up again next week.

As for kid friendly trails, not much is rough. Some sections are hillier than others. Northeast corner has the flatest ST. I can give you a tour, if you like. Steve
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    heard robinson is still 1-2 weeks from being dry. earls has some dry spots but still a few days before the warm weather finishes melting. Haven't heard about chicopee state park but i have driven by a few times. Woods around looked dry. and the rest of chicopee seems dry lol. any one ride it?

Steam Donkey
    Agreed on Robinson. At least another full week. Just went out on a lunch time recon... It's worse than I had hoped. The ice and snow, I saw on Sunday night, are only about 75% gone. The spots that appeared drier are still quite soft.

I was on foot on East Mtn last evening and that was even worse. Couldn't believe how bad! Any slightly northern aspect was deep peanut butter. Had to hop from rock to rock. Luckily there is no shortage of them up there... The trail down to the reservoir was a raging brook.

Road riding sucks, but it's better than no riding.
    Steve

mtbr member
    May 2010
    hair have you checked any of the trails at chicopee or easthampton!!!!!!????????? this warm weather will deff help to dry out trails to get us out there faster. woot woot to april thaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

achiever
    Nothing rideable in Easthampton other than roads & the bike path.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    figure getting the current trail conditions might help to deter those riders from certain trails. and if possible keep people on the dryest trails possible. lmao!! which is not much. Co worker lives in chicopee and he believes the chicopee trails are dry. haven't made it over there. will try to get there this week to report back.

achiever
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHare View Post
    Road riding sucks, but it's better than no riding.
    Steve
    Think I've found some interesting "roads" from my place to your estate up north but still too much snow & mud to fully investigate. Wicked "rustic" climb out of the center of Westhampton. Looking forward to exploring out there as it warms up.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    going to check chicopee this weekend and ill get back to you on the conditions.
    I may just end up doing a little trail maintenance. red i drove by batch yesterday and there were some cars in there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHare View Post
    Agreed on Robinson. At least another full week. Just went out on a lunch time recon... It's worse than I had hoped. The ice and snow, I saw on Sunday night, are only about 75% gone. The spots that appeared drier are still quite soft.

Steve
    Steve

I was thinking of getting out and doing some TM at Robinson one morning this weekend. Any sections particularly bad that I should focus on?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for all the updates, much appreciated! If i can I may check out Ludlow see how that is shaping up.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Robinson conditions ?

I've never ridden ludlow

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I went out to Chicopee State Park on thursday afternoon. It is mostly dried up though there were still a few slightly muddy sections. It's certainly rideable. Lots of derailleur trashing debris on the trails...I stopped and cleared what I came across but I only did about 4 miles worth of the singletrack.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    thats awesome!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Anyone have an update on Robinson?

Steam Donkey
    Robinson is ready for riding, with the exception of the Schlitz trail. That is the wet one in the flats by the dam. There are only a couple other puddles. Please stay on the trail and do not go around them making braids or new trails.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Robinson conditions ?

Was there today trails are good to go other than the one hate stated

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Rode robinson Thursday. Very dry and great conditions with the exception of roots trail. Just sucked it up and rode through the mud there but otherwise perfect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I heard there was a fire at Robinson last week. Anyone know details? Any trails closed?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    rode it yesterday. did not see any fire damage or closed anything.