the test dummy

riding the outer beach in Orleans

Ive been home sick all day and started thinking about were i could ride this summer when i'm on the cape. and i thought of the outer beach (Orleans), but the question is it even ridable or is it to soft. i don't own a fat bike but i got 2.70s on my main rig and thought they may be wide enough. has any one tried this?
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

!snotrocket!
    I just did that ride a few week's ago on my fatty and got some strange look's from people out there jeepin'. there is a o.r.v road that fallows the bay side of the beach and some parts of it are so packed that you could ride a road bike on. there are also spots that are wind blown with sand that's powder fine and 8 inches deep. I had the low tide, so on the ocean side I was able to rip, there seemed to be a fine line between wet and dry sand that gave the best ride. just drop your tire pressure way low and go for it! it's a great bike adventure for the cape and shoot me a pm when you get ready to go I love to tag along
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails riding the outer beach in Orleans-n1.jpg  

riding the outer beach in Orleans-n2.jpg  

riding the outer beach in Orleans-n3.jpg  

the test dummy
    i got to about the first of ramp thing when i tried last year with 2.10s. i may try it in a week or 2. those old houses out there are so cool i would kill to live in one. did you get to the masive house out there or did it get destroyed. i haven't been out there for a few years. also nice fat bike i want one so bad and so does one of my co workers. also you should ride that on the bike trail during tourist season it would be funny. i love the looks you get from people doing stuff like that.
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

GunMerchant
    Sep 2009
    Sweet....beachin looks like a blast!

!snotrocket!
    I rode till I hit water, the beach broke through again in 07' (I think?) and they lost a whole mess of camps so I'm not sure about the one you're referring to. any snow left out your way?

customized
    Sep 2003
    Oh boy... my fatbike would work great for this!!! Endo in the front, Gazz 3.0 in the back. Sick.

!snotrocket!
    what rim's are you running with the gazzi?

customized
    Sep 2003
    Alex DX32

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by rottendan
    I rode till I hit water, the beach broke through again in 07' (I think?) and they lost a whole mess of camps so I'm not sure about the one you're referring to. any snow left out your way?
    oh well. there is no snow left were i am, spend all Saturday and Sunday in nam and as of now nam is just about finished drying. and I'm pretty sure theirs no snow any were near me.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben