PVNEMBA Prez-Steam Donkey

Riding Around Brimfield?

Going to be in the Brimfield area (Wales/lake George) later this month. Any good trail systems around there? Looks like we will be just about right on Brimfield State Forest. Anything there? Thanks, Steve
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Steve, I used to live in Monson, the next town over, Conant brook dam used to be good, they had some good single track but last time I was home I rode it and there is allot of logging going on and some of the trails are gone, If you have time go to B-street in granby/belchertown area, it is only 35 minutes away or robinson state park, there is a forum on here about B-street you wont be disappointed, you can also hit vietnam or framingham, but at that point you will be driving an hour. couple options good luck...Rick

PVNEMBA Prez-Steam Donkey
    I was looking for stuff real close or slightly to the East. I will check out Conant Brook Dam. I live very near Robinson and do hit B St a couple times a month. Thanks Rick!
    If you didn't build the trail, don't mess with it.

mtbr member
    The trails behind Tantasqua Jr High School in Sturbridge are pretty fun. Wells state park is ok, not sure what else is in the area.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I tried Brimfield State Forest a few years ago and found the trails i hit to be very overgrown. I got the impression that there may not have been a lot of bike or foot traffic to keep the trails clear. I wonder if the tornado hit the forest???

mtbr member
    May 2004
    From the Mass pike it looks like there may be trails between Bfield and Palmer. There are trails visible but they might be mostly quad / MX trails. I've been tempted to go explore this area.