mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Ravenswood Park trails, Gloucester

Hello,

I am new to the forum and just bought my first mtb, an Airborne Seeker. I rode in Ravenswood today and had fun until I got on the rocky road from hell. Anyone on this forum ride there? I would be especially interested in riding with someone who knows the trails and which ones to avoid and which to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Sounds like you found the Ledge Hill Trail (nice harbor overlook), maybe the Fernwood connector.
    The dogs get walked in Ravenswood, but most of my riding is in Willowdale, a lot more to choose from.
    Trustees of Reservations has a nice trail map: http://www.thetrustees.org/assets/do...-Trail-Map.pdf
    Ravenswood would be a good place to learn some basics, enjoy!
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Bttocs, I live just a few minutes away from Ravenswood. I actually got into mountain biking by riding at Ravenswood and used to ride there all the time. I can definitely show you around sometime if you're interested. There's definitely some fun trails in there, you just need to know where they are.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    mmckechnie,

I live abutting Stage Fort Park and go into Ravenswood from the Old Salem RD entrance. It would be great to meet up with you for a ride. I have cross country skied in Ravenswood a fair amount, so I know the fire roads reasonably well. They are fast and not all that challenging. The single track hiking trails I don't know well, and at least one is little too challenging for me right now. I try to ride after work before dark a lot. We should PM each other to set up a ride.

Thanks,
    Scott B.