all your base are belong to us

mtbr member

Agreed...

10 day forecast: Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yeah I've about had it with this stuff.

I like to ride my bike.
    Anyone's basemet flooding? Mine is a tad wet but our neighbors hired a person to pump all the water out of their basement and water is gushing out of the hoses. Oh well, I'd rather have rain than all our parks burn to the ground.

-But yes, I'm going crazy being kept inside and not riding.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

banned
    Apr 2006
    Can you not ride in the rain? Some of my best epics have been rain rides. Do the trails where you live suffer hard from wet riding, or is it too cold?

mtbr member
    I wouldn't want to see what our local trails look like right now.

I've got a fairly long/large backyard and half of it is underwater right now...not good. We're hovering around 10" of rain here in Salem.

At least its not snow

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I rode 3x last week in the rain (on the road to preserve the trails) but it is getting insane.

Yesterday it rained hard all day and never got above 45 degrees the whole day. Rain at 40 degrees and rain at 75 degrees are two very different things.. like the difference between "epic" and "Hypothermic-epic".

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Rain is why I started WW Kayaking ...when the trails are wet, the rivers and creeks are up. There is always something to do...wet or dry.

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Rode on the Cape yesterday afternoon. Everything...but the low access trailhead was fine. Sun even came through for the most of ride..then sprinkle...then Sun for Post ride brew, then rain again. The beauty of Cape riding is drainage...after an 1.3 hr ride I had to backtrack some low SS, I could see very little evidence of my ride out. I don't avocate trail damage by riding the wet, I do know when Not to Ride. Use your head, respect the trail, slow it down, wet "walk-a-bike" is Not a bad thing to do & it's all good.

When we can get more than 7+ hrs of non-rain, try ToT, Harwich State to Nickerson (back way, through the fields off of Freemans Way), Hyannis/Yarmouth is fine all the way out to the Boy Scout Camp, I have not been over to Otis this Spring.

If you have more than an 1 hr car ride to get to the Bridge(s), PM me for an update.

BTW: It Poured early this morning, however it looks probable for a late day ride...tomorrow & the Next look even better.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Watch it out there! I don't know where you are, but it doesn't look all that fun up there. I was all for being tough and riding and having fun, but from the looks of the news, there is a lot of water up there! Lot of work to be done. Worst flooding in 7 decades.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Lynn?

Anyone been up to Lynn Woods at all to assess the damage? Curious what it looks like on the ballpark lot side. Is the water over the banks?

mtbr member

blue hills

I was at blue hills at the end of last week. . one of the cloudy but dry days, and the trails were holding up fine. Granted blue hills is more rocky than other places i was surprised at the lack of mudd. did a couple of double loops to check if we were leavin bad tracks, and trails looked good. Tomorrow and Thursday have sun in the forcast! yay! hopefully that will dry things up a bit.

Who are the brain police?
    I can only imagine the washout on the parts that were already suffering... I might survey the place this weekend if I can find the time.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Holy Sh!t! I See The Sun!!!!!