mtbr member

A question for lynn riders

I just went to lynn woods today and went to the north side for some harder single track... i went in at the ball park and followed the main path until a very steep rock path went up on the right probably about a half mile in. I walked my bike up a good ways (anyone who knows this place will understand why i didnt ride ) until i got to the "top" where i could see a roof top ahead of me over the trees. If anyone knows this place does anyone know an alternate entrance that would save the walk. Thanks alot for the help.

mtbr member
    Sounds like you're talking about Bow Ridge. I haven't been there in a long time but I believe most of that area was developed....

mtbr member
    it may be, like i said i had to walk it all the way up but it was super fun coming down, nice smooth rock and steep single...

Who are the brain police?
    the ridge has some nice trails to the left and right of a house that literally cuts it off.

try the ball field trail (trailhead is before the park ends) to the ridge. or ride that main fireroad (ox pasture road) to the end, cross the wolf pits and climb to the other side of the ridge.

check out this map. MAP
    Last edited by Locoman; 08-06-2007 at 07:47 AM.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

MC MasterShake
    I know the trail you're speaking of. It's actually makeable. I've done it a bunch of times. There really isn't any "easy" way to the top of Bow Ridge. Almost all of the trails leading to the ridge are makeable but I don't think any of them are truly easy. I usually end up walking part of it unless I'm really on. Starting at the far end (by the power lines) is certainly much easier than the ballfield side but navigating can be tricky because of all the development. It' definitely worth taking the time to figure out the lines.

mtbr member
    im actually a decent climber but that little piece a little ways up just killed me, i lost all my momentum and had nothing to keep me going. Ill check out that ball field trail. I get the feeling ive only scratched the surface of decent freeride stuff at lynn.

More than one, of course!

A great way to get to know Lynn Woods

A bunch of people ride with Dieselbikes every Tues. at 6pm. They meet at Naked Fish and usually head in under the powerlines. It's a great group, people of all skill levels.
    Hope to see you there!
    FR
    "It's NEVER all downhill" DMR

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Or go between Bostonville Grill and the Jeep dealer. Tues 6pm. Smaller group, fast pace. You'll get to know Lynn quick.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sweet!

I just moved down to brighton from VT this week and ive been riding lynn the last few days. I was pleasantly surprised by the technical singletrack offerings . Nice to know I dont have to drive all the way over to the Great Woods entrance now....looks like it will save me 15 min....

Any other tips for the woods?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rushtrack
    Sweet!

I just moved down to brighton from VT this week and ive been riding lynn the last few days. I was pleasantly surprised by the technical singletrack offerings . Nice to know I dont have to drive all the way over to the Great Woods entrance now....looks like it will save me 15 min....

Any other tips for the woods?
    if your just learning your way around were leg armour....you wont regret it. full face is always a good call on cool days as well. Ride w/ locals and if your coming froming brighton definetly park at naked fish..no need to drive all the way around.

mtbr member
    Is there also a Thursday night group ride with Diesel Bikes? If so I may take a ride up there and check it out...

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chqm8
    Is there also a Thursday night group ride with Diesel Bikes? If so I may take a ride up there and check it out...
    http://dieselbikes.com/diesel/group_rides.htm

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Doro
    if your just learning your way around were leg armour....you wont regret it. full face is always a good call on cool days as well. Ride w/ locals and if your coming froming brighton definetly park at naked fish..no need to drive all the way around.
    The last few years I have tended away from XC racing and more toward tech stuff like gaps hucks and drops (learned the hard way multiple times that you need a real good landing to do these things on an XC hardtail)...I recently just picked up a solid trail bike (first full squish) and now you have sucessfully forced me to question where I would like to take my riding with offering leg armour and a full face. Never really crossed my mind...but something tells me I am going to need a bigger bike and some armour soon as I look at my busted knees and elbows from a rough landing in lynn......

Anyone work in the Cambridge area with a car and an empty seat?