PVNEMBA EPIC DATES ANNOUNCED!!! and other Fall events

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  smelly 
#1 ·
PVNEMBA Epic Dates!!!

Epic 1 (Franklin) --- August 28---> Postponed to Sept 4th
Epic 2 (Hampshire) --- September 18
Epic 3 (Hampden) --- October 2

... and an Epic in it's own right:
The JJMR (John Jenkins Memorial Ride) Petersham (Chris Jenkins) --- October 8 or 9 ridelong -at- charter -dot- net

Other PVNEMBA Fall events are announced in the "NEMBA Events" forum.

Epic and other details to follow soon...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EPIC #1 is on for next Sunday! Meeting at the Leverett Co-op in Leverett at 180 Rattlesnake Gutter Road for 8:30am. We'll ride up to Wendell, ride everything there at least once, then return to Leverett. Plan on 6-7 hours in the saddle. There will be a water stop half way. Bring food for the day. We'll head to Bub's BBQ in Sunderland for a post ride feed and hydration. And remember, for the PVNEMBA EPICS, "we're not happy 'til you're not happy".

Any rider who completes all three PV Epics will receive a rare and much sought after Finishers Prize! Last year's prize was Custom Head Cap. The 2010 Head Caps are currently and proudly adorning the five worthy rider's bikes. There is talk of a significant prize (maybe a frame) for anyone who completes all 3 Epics PLUS the PV100 in October.

Who's in??? RSVP Required. stevenrossi -at- rocketmail -dot- com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to the rest of our fall rides, including the PV100 :thumbsup:
Pioneer Valley 2011 Events

See less See more
#3 ·
This Sunday! Info

Weather is looking OK at this point. Check back mid-Saturday for a final call.

About these Epics.
Now in it's fourth season, the three-part Pioneer Valley Epic Ride Series will take place in September and October this year. The epic rides will showcase some of longer routes and larger riding areas in the Valley. Each ride will cover roughly 30 to 45 miles. These rides are geared toward stronger riders who are able to maintain a good pace for longer distances. The pace is not "race-pace", but the group will be moving along. These are no-wait rides and the regroups are kept to a minimum. You won't be left to rot, but you may be shown the door. :eek:

And some more excerpt plagiarism from last year's Chaz posts:
These epics are not for puddle ducks, spring chickens, or any other euphemism Liam can come up with for slow-pokes. I'd love to say the more the merrier and we'll wait for folks and there's a few watermelons stashed in the woods if you bonk and hey let's all have a grand ol' time ridin' our bikes, but the reality is that if we don't push this ride along, it won't finish until Monday... I don't know the exact distance, I don't know the total vertical gain, but I know from experience that this is a hard ****ing ride. ...blah blah blah... host to some of the longest, steepest, climbs I've seen this side of the Berkshires... blah blah blah... Every part of this ride is challenging and unforgiving. EXPECT 7+- HOURS OF RIDING for this event.

Expert pace, expert terrain, expert post-ride beer guzzling. That's what this epic is.

With those caveats said, if you've got the technical skill and endurance, you're in for a helluva ride. There will be one water stop. I suspect this ride rivals the infamous Rossi epic in difficulty and pace.

Until then...ride like a bah-stid.

Let me know if you gots any ??? Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.