mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Pump Track: let's build one in the Amherst/Northampton/Greenfield zone

I am looking for people interested in getting a pump track built in the Amherst/Northampton/Greenfield triangle. I have a friend with a large dump truck, as well as machine operating experience. So far there are 4 of us ready to put in the labor. All we really need is a place to build and some more riders who would be stoked to burn in the lines.

If you are interested you can email me or reply here. If you need more inspiration check out this video ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8C2...eature=related

mtbr member
    I was thinking about this the other day. Im still trying to figure out possible locations. im down in chicopee and willing to lend some shovel time

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Location, Location, Location: Pump Track

Finding a location on which to build the pump track is going to be the greatest challenge. How can it be that there is a pump track within 2.5 hours in any direction but none here ? It is as if we live within a vacuum! This is something that nature abhors ... it is our duty to correct the situation.

I may wind up doing the obvious and just build something in my (rental) yard ... but I would rather put effort into something bigger and that will be accessible to as many people as possible... especially all these kids I see cruising around my town on 26" bikes wearing BMX helmets.

mtbr member
    i got a buddy that would be up for helping as well

have you considered approaching a town's parks department?
    Last edited by prophet413; 07-21-2009 at 05:58 AM.

mtbr member
    151 views and only 2 people interested....weak

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

More interest than you think

Prophet, I have another identical post up on the NEMBA forums... http://www.leelikesbikes.com/better-...mp-tracks.html

So far is looks like we have a total of 6 volunteers from the forums and I have 4 friends raring to go. That is enough hands to take care of the job with shovels and wheelbarrows, once the dirt is dropped off.

I think the lack of both a pump track in this area and enthusiasm for the idea stems from the fact that almost nobody from around here has ever ridden one. I know that I did not give a hoot until I rode the pump track at the Kingdom Trails the other week... now I am completely obsessed.

Your idea of approaching a town park commission is good. I plan to ask here in my town. Basically whoever gets permission wins and will get a track built in their town ! I would be willing to travel up to 45 minutes to get to wherever this thing winds up happening.

mtbr member
    might also want to post it over at bustedspoke.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Pump Track in Western Mass

It look like this will most likely happen. Check out the thread http://www.nemba.org/forums/showthre...604#post175604

mtbr member
    sick. next to the bowl in noho is a great idea!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    There is a very active BMX track at the Westfield Fair grounds, and I always wondered why they didn't have a pump track there. If the NoHo location falls through contact the Westfield Fair grounds.

mtbr member
    Interested in helping out, please contact me (Lowrax@gmail.com). I may have a couple guys who will pitch in as well. I'm from Holyoke so , super close too. I would be stoked to do a build. Drop me some info or contact me directly.

mtbr member
    lol, I am tarded, those posts r frum 07...doh