mtbr member

Proposed Lynn Woods Land Swap - It has been rejected!

The proposed Lynn Woods Land Swap by the City of Lynnfield has been rejected by the City of Lynn!

We at Dieselbikes felt it was necessary to provide the local New England mountain bike community with information regarding the Lynn Woods land swap deal proposed by the City of Lynnfield. This topic has been discussed for the last 20 years and at some point in time, it may eventually happen. If this proposal was approved, all the land near the Naked Fish restaurant would have been developed. Shark's Tooth and Power line trails would be gone as well severing the Beaver Trail and Seven Hills Area.

For now this proposal has been shot down by the City of Lynn and this will buy the mountain biking community some more time to enjoy the Route 1 area of Lynn Woods. We at Dieselbikes are working with the City of Lynn to get the know trails like Shark's Tooth and Beaver Trails on the Official Map approved by the City of Lynn. This way, in the event such at land swap proposal occurs again (and it will), we the mountain biking community will have some say in this matter.

To see the official map and write-up of the proposed land swap written by Lynn Woods Land Manager Dan Small, please visit www.dieselbikes.com under NEWS section.
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thank you for the update. Looking forward to my first ride there in Spring!

I like to ride my bike.
    What a relief!!! Thanks for posting, I was scared half to death that I'd never see "real" right side of Lynn woods. It's sad to think that soon rich b!**es will take over this world and we as mtbikers will have nowhere to ride.

I'm looking foward to Apl. 15th, my b-day is just a few days later on the 24th. Going to Lynn for B-day!
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Who are the brain police?
    Its been months since I've been there. Feels like years. It was pain to see the houses on the ridge built, if the northern section was developed.. I'd be real sad.

Lynn Woods has a fan club, maybe a Nam like fund could be started? I can imagine many would contribute. I certainly would.

---Imagine a fund was started 20 years ago. The development of that area wouldn't be an issue.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    We at Dieselbikes are also sickened by the housing development by Neil’s Pond. We are in the process of proposing trail plans to the City to use land that may (in the future) be sold off for development.

The ball field area is a perfect example. All this land is part of Lynn Woods however it is not protected by MA Water Conversation Policy. Roughly 100 acres can be sold off for development if the city wants to. Thus we are pushing to cut new trails (this year) and get them all on the Official Lynn Woods map. It’s like a USE IT OR LOST IT policy.

Catch 22 for us mountain bikers, but I am hopeful that the City will approve our project proposals.
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com