mtbr member

Planning on ToT ride next week. Rentals in the area?

Hi.
    Planning on riding ToT for the very first time next week. Son and I will go and will only take his Wahoo with us and leave my crappy Mongoose at home.

Would like to know if there are any shops down on the Cape that rents decent FS bikes, specifically Stumpy, Fuel EX or Trance X? Landrys is in Boston but was only gonna rent for 1 day and don't want to drive back up to Boston just to return the bike.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Just a flesh wound

Don't know about the Cape

But Belmont Wheelworks rents for more than 1 day. Ace probably does as well. Don't know about selection though, but I rented 10 bikes for a weekend once for a group ride with a bunch of out of towners.

Good luck and have fun!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just rode TOT for the first time yesterday..... my god I dont know how Ive never ridden there before. Those trails are an absolute blast!!! I just blasted around random trails having no clue where I was for about 15 miles. I never hit the same trail twice and literally every single trail I was on was a wonderful roller coaster of singletrack!! Its going to make me hate my local riding in wompatuck now.

You will have a blast!
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

mtbr member
    Thanks Prophet Julio and Jfair27.

I'll check out Belmont and/or Ace and see what they got. Living in NH, riding on the Cape and renting in Boston may turn into quite an ordeal rather easily I may just end up taking my Mongoose if I don't get to arrange for a rental.

Thanks for the report JFair. I really can't wait to ride ToT but of all weeks, next week is when rain decides to move in, from Sunday all the way to Friday Oh well .........

Thanks again

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I would imagine it would drain and dry very very well. I wouldnt let a few showers deter you. I could see it getting slick though.... those pine needles were slippery when dry!
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfair27
    I just rode TOT for the first time yesterday..... my god I dont know how Ive never ridden there before. Those trails are an absolute blast!!! I just blasted around random trails having no clue where I was for about 15 miles. I never hit the same trail twice and literally every single trail I was on was a wonderful roller coaster of singletrack!! Its going to make me hate my local riding in wompatuck now.

You will have a blast!
    I think I ran into you out there my buddy..I was riding my black stumpjumper FSR, and my buddy was the one who almost endo'd on an mini-boulder......

-Gabe

Awww CRAP!
    Mar 2010
    Not sure where you are but I believe you can demo a bike from bicycle barn in whitman for up to a week.
    2010 Stumpjumper FSR Expert

mtbr member
    May 2009
    HAHA yep that was me! ...and the mini boulder WAS one hell of an obstacle. How was the rest of your ride?

I went down and rode again last tuesday, equipped with a readable map this time. Strung together a great loop of about 18 miles. Man do I love that place!!

Would love to get together for rides, where do you usually ride?

Jeff
    2009 Scott Scale 20
    2005 S-works Epic

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Jeff,

The rest of the ride was good...No crazy boulders in sight.

I was out Tuesday myself. I took my singlespeed and rode from my house to the trails. Really nice early evening solo ride. I went out Thursday for a bit to do a little training for a motocross race (that was canceled this morning of course..bah) with the Specialized..I was pleasantly surprised and came out tick-free both times.

If you ever plan on heading out m-f after 4pm send me a PM and I'll try to get out there and we can ride. When i'm not on my dirt bike I try to get out to ToT or 151 on the weekends as well.

-Gabe

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    trying to get a tuesday night ride going at tot on the regular if your interested. start out at exit 4 and go from there. 6:30 start time. Need lights. Heading out tonight. Black Trek Remedy/Black Explorer.

drew

Panda Pro Am
    Apr 2010
    That sounds like fun. I will join you guys as soon as I get my back rehab finished. I also have a new Banshee Rune bike to test.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TinoZee
    That sounds like fun. I will join you guys as soon as I get my back rehab finished. I also have a new Banshee Rune bike to test.

nice, we did a nice 3 hour ripper last night. Always looking to ride so let me know when your all healed up.