mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Places to ride around Springfield/I91

Recently moved to the Springfield area from the North Shore area. Just looking to get some information on where the best places to ride around Springfield are. Thanks.
    Last edited by mmckechnie; 02-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Do you mean interstate 91? Try the NEMBA pioneer valley website.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Places to ride around Springfield/I93

Tons of riding to be had! Batchelor st, trails in granby ma, earls trails on the other side of 116, and lots more.

Try hooking up with a local bike shop, I ride and race with family bike in agawam.

mtbr santa cruz member
    Nov 2005
    Robinson State Park

By Bill Boles

430 North Street, Agawam 413-786-2877

Difficulty--
    Easy:50%, Moderate:35%, Difficult:4%, Caution:1%

Description

Robinson State Park is the one of the most enjoyable places to ride in south central Massachusetts. Robinson's 800+ acres offer a diversity of trails ranging from smooth fast flowing singletracks to slightly technical trails. What you'll remember most though are the miles of smooth fast trails. Robinson's location is responsible for this. It's located beside the Westfield River and much of the park consists of a series of drumlins. These drumlins were dropped there by the last glacier and the soil that makes them up contains few stones. Hence, the smooth fast trails.

Check out the MAP to get a feel for Robinson's unique topography. After you've explored Robinson you'll notice that some trails aren't on the map. But you won't get lost. A GPS tracing from a recent Blue Grove Charity Ride gives one a better feel for the park's tral network.

As you ride you'll also notice that a lot of very professional trailwork has been done. Volunteers from Pioneer Valley NEMBA and the Friends of Robinson State Park working with the Park's staff are responsible for this. Expect to discover over 20 miles of trails at Robinson.

Some of Robinson's trails are located high above the Westfield River where you'll see kayaks and canoes in warmer weather. Bring your camera. You'll be able to take pictures here that will convince anyone that they were in the backwoods of Maine or Vermont. Not just a few miles from the center of Springfield.

Links

DCR Page Friends of Robinson State Park

Directions
    From exit 4 on the Massachusetts Turnpike head south on Route 91. Take route 57 heading west to Route 187 heading north. Turn right on North Street and follow the signs to the Park's entrance.

Nearby NEMBA Chapters and Shops
    Pioneer Valley NEMBA CT NEMBA Bicycles Unlimited Bicycle World New England Bicycle Storrs Cycle Center

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hahaha, yes! I'm so used to saying 93 or 95! I'll take a look at that.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Places to ride around Springfield/I91

Robinson has very nice trails and fast and flowy trails. I haven't ridden all of them yet. Bachelor st. Has tons of riding has more rock features. Earls by 116 has some really nice single track riding. I'm near the Springfield area