mtbr member

Pittsfield Mass Frame builer??

This summer I raced at the 24 hours of Adrenalin in Dalton, MA and came across a fellow rider racing on a really beautiful steel hardtail - he told me it was a local Pittsfield area builder but the name escapes me now.

Anyone have any info on this builder? I know his last name was Italian but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Thanks!

Mark

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTRider
    This summer I raced at the 24 hours of Adrenalin in Dalton, MA and came across a fellow rider racing on a really beautiful steel hardtail - he told me it was a local Pittsfield area builder but the name escapes me now.

Anyone have any info on this builder? I know his last name was Italian but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Thanks!

Mark
    You are probally thinking of Zancanato. Zanc's a great guy, but has relocated to e-mass and is working for Seven. The Zanks are great bikes. If you want Mike's contact info drop me an email...

mtbr member
    Yes that's it!

I'd love his contact info if you have it. Is he not doing his own thing anymore though?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yes that's it!

I'd love his contact info if you have it. Is he not doing his own thing anymore though?

CT Rider, where would you say the best XC type riding is in your area??????????

Have you been to DAR in Goshen?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjfp
    CT Rider, where would you say the best XC type riding is in your area??????????

Have you been to DAR in Goshen?
    I live in Connecticut but have ridden DAR and it is a nice place to ride - very well maintained trails by the NEMBA folks - some of the best constructed bridges I've ever ridden over.

Great views from a lookout tower there too.

Lots of good riding in and around the Lenox and Lee areas, then you also have Jiminy Peak for some lift assisted riding.

I hear there are some crazy trails in the Holyoke area.

Then you can always drive to CT for some tasty New England trails too!

New England is a great place to be for mountain biking in my opinion.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I live in Connecticut but have ridden DAR and it is a nice place to ride - very well maintained trails by the NEMBA folks - some of the best constructed bridges I've ever ridden over.

Great views from a lookout tower there too.

Lots of good riding in and around the Lenox and Lee areas, then you also have Jiminy Peak for some lift assisted riding.

I hear there are some crazy trails in the Holyoke area.

Then you can always drive to CT for some tasty New England trails too!

New England is a great place to be for mountain biking in my opinion.

Thanks for your feedback. I posted in a hurry and wasn't thinking. I should have directed it towards the other person. I ride the Holyoke Range freq. and it is excellent. I am considering DAR in the near future for something different. Eventually I want to get out towards Pittsfield more as well.

What areas do you ride in CT?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjfp
    Thanks for your feedback. I posted in a hurry and wasn't thinking. I should have directed it towards the other person. I ride the Holyoke Range freq. and it is excellent. I am considering DAR in the near future for something different. Eventually I want to get out towards Pittsfield more as well.

What areas do you ride in CT?
    Soapstone Mountain, Case Mountain, W. Hartford Reservoir, Nepaug State Forest, Cockaponsett State Forest....and we also travel a bit to ride in MA (Vietnam etc. etc.)

I'd love to ride some of those Holyoke Range trails sometime, so feel free to stay in touch!

Mark

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Soapstone Mountain, Case Mountain, W. Hartford Reservoir, Nepaug State Forest, Cockaponsett State Forest....and we also travel a bit to ride in MA (Vietnam etc. etc.)

I'd love to ride some of those Holyoke Range trails sometime, so feel free to stay in touch!

Mark
    Mark,

I would be happy to ride with you on the Holyoke Range, it is an outstanding place to ride. I work crazy hours and with the X-mas season coming it only gets worse for the next 6 weeks. I road Soapstone or Case in the Spring whichever one is in the Somers/Stafford Springs Area. It seemed pretty good, but when you are exploring, you never know if you found the best trails.