Thread: Pine Hills

mtbr member

Pine Hills

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the Pine Hills trails in Plymouth, MA. I know that you park at Serious Cycles. What type of riding is here and about how many miles of trails are there. Does anyone have any good maps or pictures of the area. The only map and pictures that I have are the ones from Bikerag. Are there powerlines there that you can ride on as well?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    there's more parking across the street down the hill. the riding is varied. rock gardens, flat and hilly single track and double track, ramps and drops. I park about 3 miles away and usually ride 2-3 hours and put in 20-30 +- miles.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The Pine Hills are a lot of fun. I grew up in Plymouth riding those trails and now live in Colorado. Your best bet is to drive just past Serious Cycles and there is a dirt parking lot on the left. Drive in and you want to park towards the back of the parking area. You'll see a huge rock with a road going around it...there is a trail head to the right of that huge rock. You can drop in right there and ride for a good 2-3 hours without hitting the same trail. You may also want to talk with Seth at Serious Cycles and he may have some trail descriptions available. Also, you may want to ask Seth if they are ticketing people for riding in the Pine Hills area....the last time I rode Pine Hills (2 years ago) the security was super tight because pine hills overlooks a Nuclear powerplant and since 9/11 they have had crazy security. But anyways, enjoy pine hills and tell Seth Ryan Amirault sent you. I was one of his first customers back in the mid '90s.

Cheers,
    Ryan

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    they don't bother riders. couple years ago I was riding near sunset and there was a military Hummer in that parking area and he said something to me but forget what it was but didn't mention anything about not riding there. went by a natural resource officer 2wks ago in same area and he barely took notice of us.
    I'm an xc rider so I don't ride the stunts but two more appeared 2 weeks ago. pretty sick stuff.