Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pedros Fest 2007

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  XCslowpoke 
#1 ·
Anyone know if they have got plans to bring this event back to it's original status?I have gone for 7 years and last year sucked so bad I am really wondering if I should find something else to do. Hopefully they have addressed bands, food, possibly a beer garden again, and getting some more sponsors to actually show up. Oh and maybe get some events started on time. :rolleyes:

#4 ·
what was the turn out like last year? I have never been to one before. I want to show my wife what I mountaining is all about. Hoping this will give her some clue as to what the communite is all about.

#5 ·
funny that I just found this. I emailed pedros last week and just got my response back. My question for them was when will the website be updated for registration. The answer is in a day or two. He also stated that the venue is changing this year, still in the same area but a much flatter site. Not sure of the answers on the beer garden and bands, hopefully it will get back to a couple of years ago status.

I actually have not been for a couple of years but did 4 years in a row prior to that and had a great time. I will be there this year!

#7 ·
Still waiting

Still no web update which makes me think that the whole early registration fee may not be valid this year....I serioulsy wonder about the people who organize this event...can't wait to get there early morning and wait 45 mins to get in like every year.

#8 ·
It looks like it will be right near Jiminy this year. There is some great riding around there. Hopefully they pull their sh*t together a little better this year. It looks like a couple of the big sponsors have pulled out - I didn't notice MAVIC on the website - they've been there at least the last 4 years.
If Jiminy is smart they will roll out the red carpet for the whole weekend since we will be so close. That would probably be the way to make the best of it if the PEDROS folks screw it up again.

#9 ·
Hi all, just wanted to give you the update on the Fest. New site is great - right on Route 43 very close to Jiminy. Registration is open and includes the opportunity to buy your lift tickets for Jimimy at BIG savings. (The Festival is offering a three day lift ticket for only $40 - usually they are $24 per day from Jiminy- with online pre-registration). Also there are lots of new bands lined up, Tour de France showings, some great pros coming participate. Come check it out!

#10 ·
Hey eveyone. I went to the fest for the first day. I hope on the second day they have things ironed out. Alot of event were late and me only being there one day was a little painful to have to wait for things to get put together. The trails were great but realy short. So my $40 paid for 5 - 6 miles of new trals and a hot shower. I met alot of nice people.

#11 ·
I hit Pedro's for the entire weekend. it was a pretty good time. DH riding at Jiminy was definitely the highlight of my weekend. they have some grea, fast, flowy trails! I was a bit disappointed by the saturday morning ride. we ripped uphill on fire road for almost 2 straight hours, but the single track payout never came :madman: I enjoy a long burley climb, but it should be rewarded with a ripping descent. We bailed out, rode a DH trail and traded in the CC bikes for the DH monsters. all in all the event was a great time, I just wonder where the 80 bucks goes. port-a-johns and camping can't be all that expensive and I was under the impression everything else was volunteer.
oh well. all that said I'll be there again next year, making it 3 in a row!

#12 ·
Riding options at Pedros

Seems to me the meeting place for selected group rides should be the top of the Chair Lift. Folks get there any way they want - Potter Mtn. Road or Brodie Mtn. Road to the access roads to the Summit or pay the $5 for a lift. Then the rides can begin with some of the nice stuff on the back side so riders are really warmed up before climbing back up for the front side cruise back to the camp site.

The two group rides I did Friday and Saturday were 50% climbing to the top and 50% enjoying the PSF trails between the Summit and Balance Rock. Sweet stuff in there, but the place is non-existent without local guides - too bad there is such a motorized local contingent so that no one dares make a map.

#13 ·
Better

Overall the festival was much better than the past 2 years as far as vendors the expo area and layout. A little tight for most people camping but nothing too bad. My issue was the crappy new trails they put in behind the event and across the street. Unless you knew the trails or took a group ride they offered very little info and were sometimes nasty about it. I just don't like riding with 25-30 other people at once and did not always seem to think their timing was great. We found our way up to the stuff from a few years ago at the peak and enjoyed ourselves but still question who is the person running this event...it could use a little help in the planning department.

#14 ·
Potter Mountain Road was great. :) We did it from the fest side on Fri and from the back side on Sat. There's sweet, sweet single track if you know where to find it. Sucks that they need to be tight-lipped to keep the trails safe. The VW boulders were SICK -- for those of you who know about 'em. :)

Saw a few people take some nice tumbles on some of the more technical bits, but everyone was OK. Beer pong at the tiki compound was definitely the place to be after a long day of riding (climbing). :p

- Chris

#15 ·
I've been attending Pedro's on almost every year since '99, and I found this year's fest to be a good one. I found the trails behind the venue to be a lot of fun- moderately technical. The Saturday expert ride took us on some great trails, although people kept getting lost. They really should do a better job of keeping the group together, as getting lost out on the far side of the mtn could cause you problems. I never got to the trails accross the road, but I heard they were very muddy.

Their were plenty of vendors and bikes to demo, some of the bands could have been better (an REO Speedwagon cover band?) There were vendors selling good, reasonably priced food and beer. Despite having gone for 7 or 8 years I'm still not bored of it and will go again next year.

#16 ·
Good to hear that people enjoyed the event. I have nothing to do with it but was staying at Jiminy Peak the wk prior. I went over on Thursday night and checked out the setup. I had to bail and take the family back home on Friday morning, so no festival. I did a bunch of riding while out that way both MTB and MX. From both perspectives the riding SUCKED! MX because of the damn ATV's widing the hell out of the trail. MTB because I couldn't find anything worth riding. I am sure there is plenty of secret trails but one doesn't know what one doesn't know. I did ride up Jiminy Peak (the one blue trail on the west side of the mtn up to the new wind mill and then up to the very top) then I came down one of the black trails on the far east side. Fun stuff but it had been raining so it was slippery. Jiminy Peak wasn't exactly XC friendly but put my DH skills in check, good place but only go to DH. The trails on the other hand should be designed better for sustainability. Any bit of rain will wash them right away.

As for vendors - I suspect that Pedro's had more due to the fact that MTB Nationals are in VT this wkend. Pretty cool to see a bunch of MTB company trucks in the middle of nowhere.

Guess I'll have to plan better next year and get my behind out to Pedro's Fest. First time for everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.