mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Parking behind Kelly Jeep, old Bostonville.

Couple friends and I were approached by Brian Kelly (owner of Kelly automotive group) yesterday, (Sunday) and wanted to know how many cars on a typical day park in the lot behind his Jeep dealership. After talking for a bit we asked what all the stakes were there for all over the back of defunct Bostonville and into the trees along the back of the lot. Turns out he is going to level the lot and pave it. According to Brian, he is leasing the back lot from the Lynnfield Conservation Committee and understands he has to allow access to the trails. He asked what trails we use to access the woods and after pointing out the access points, he said he would not block any trails and was looking forward to working with the bikers and hikers and the LCC. He was thinking of providing marked spot along the woods for bikers, 12-15 spots.
    He didn't have anything nice to say about the previous owner of Bostonville. Surprise, surprise...
    It was refreshing to talk to an owner who said he would at least work with the bikers and maintain the spots he has to provide. The Bostonville building is coming down to make way for a new dealership building.
    My fingers are crossed this all works out.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

Black Lion
    Jon, your a great advocate for the LW.
    Thanks for the great bit o info.

Greg
    Last edited by yogreg; 10-24-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Thanks Greg. I didn't do much, just passing on our concerns as trail users of a place that is near and dear to a lot of us. Trying to keep access to what we love to do.
    I hope it works out well for all.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

MC MasterShake
    Thanks for the info. It'd be nice to have a more legitimate place to park off of Rt.1.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Sweet deal. I've ridden Lynn only twice and drove around to the ballfield lot both times. Found some cool stuff there but I don't think I found even half of the goods yet. Looking forward to exploring there more this fall.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Nice to see someone that doesn't have a bad attitude towards mountain bikers. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I'm looking for a car.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for sharing this info! I havent been there in a few weeks, but I'm planning to get there on Saturday to show a couple friends around who have never been before.
    '08 Stumpy
    '10 Enduro
    '11 Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Ok peeps. Just talked with Brain Kelly regarding the lot adjacent to the defunct Bostonville building.
    The Lynnfield Conseration Committee, is refusing Brian's wish to pave the lot. So the lot will remain as is. As for Shared use, Brian is going to have his employee's park along the fence and in the lot with some trade in vehicles. Every so often he may need a space or more for over flow, but he has instructed his peeps to leave space and access to the trails for hikers and us bikers, especially on weekends. He went so far to give me his cell number if things don't work out, to make sure the space is open to trail users. Quite refreshing compared to another owner... He has cleaned up around the building and the inside of Bostonville which was gross to say the least...
    Found out Brian is a cyclist himself and is more than happy to work with us as a community. He is renting the adjoining area from the LCC and has every right to park his cars there, as well as provide some spaces for trail users.
    I gotta say peeps, he is going out of his way to work with the bike community. Lets keep the area clean and be respectful, it will go along way in a working relationship with his business and our trail access.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarsandtears View Post
    Ok peeps. Just talked with Brain Kelly regarding the lot adjacent to the defunct Bostonville building.
    The Lynnfield Conseration Committee, is refusing Brian's wish to pave the lot. So the lot will remain as is. As for Shared use, Brian is going to have his employee's park along the fence and in the lot with some trade in vehicles. Every so often he may need a space or more for over flow, but he has instructed his peeps to leave space and access to the trails for hikers and us bikers, especially on weekends. He went so far to give me his cell number if things don't work out, to make sure the space is open to trail users. Quite refreshing compared to another owner... He has cleaned up around the building and the inside of Bostonville which was gross to say the least...
    Found out Brian is a cyclist himself and is more than happy to work with us as a community. He is renting the adjoining area from the LCC and has every right to park his cars there, as well as provide some spaces for trail users.
    I gotta say peeps, he is going out of his way to work with the bike community. Lets keep the area clean and be respectful, it will go along way in a working relationship with his business and our trail access.
    Why not just park inside the reservation?
    Whats the draw to being behind "bostonville"
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    For me its easier to park on Rt one and saves 15 plus minutes each way sometimes.
    Plus as you know it dumps you into the fun stuff right away. I still park at the ballfield from time to time, changes up the look of the ride too. Just putting out there the news with the Lot.
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com

mtbr member
    Good to hear that Brian is friendly toward bikers. Just tell him he's got to get some better radio ads.