mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Otis conditions?

Anyone been out to Otis recently for a conditions update? Thinking about heading down tomorrow (2/21/10) and didn't want to waste my time if it's too wet or covered in slush.

mtbr member
    Hope you didn't head down. Rode there last night and it was very wet and slush covered. Looks like Otis got more snow than anywhere along the southcoast/cape area.

customized
    Sep 2003
    Hummm... I wonder how the cape will setup for the weekend? Snow seems gone, not so much rain that it won't drain... any thoughts?

mtbr member
    This weekend? Looking stormy. But based on the 10-day, next weekend looks awesome.

Tool
    Anyone know what the trail conditions are currently?

I'd like to head down there tomorrow, but it's a two hour drive. I don't mind bad weather and sloppy conditions...my only concern is I don't want to damage the trails.

Thanks,
    Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

mtbr member
    Otis drains remarkably well, despite the recent heavy rains you're not apt to inflict much trail damage.

MC MasterShake
    It's not the draining it's the thawness of the trail that you have to worry about. My trails are all clear and dry but the ground is so saturated it's like riding in wet sand. We need a good hard freeze or a couple days of dry winds.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813