Thread: Otis

mtbr member

Otis

Just a couple pics from this morning's solo ride at Otis.

lots of rocks

its nice to be on vacation

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    Nice pics.
    I've heard Otis has lots of hills. True?
    I need to get down there for a change of scenery.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobretti
    Nice pics.
    I've heard Otis has lots of hills. True?
    I need to get down there for a change of scenery.

There are no really long, sustained climbs in Otis, but there are a lot of short, steep hills.

Enough so that a couple of hours on the trails make your legs feel like you've been climbing 'real' hills.

mtbr member
    those trails look like you can get some decent speed how's that drop on the other side of the boulder in the third pic looks like fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by splattered
    those trails look like you can get some decent speed how's that drop on the other side of the boulder in the third pic looks like fun

The backside of that particular boulder is a lot like the frontside. It's sort of steep but a smooth run-out. Lots of fun!

I'm probably going to avoid Otis this weekend though. Aug. 25th and 26th is when they're having their annual air show so I'm guessing Cape traffic is going to be sick. Sicker than usual I mean.

Wiz
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Wink True, but...

I'm probably going to avoid Otis this weekend though. Aug. 25th and 26th is when they're having their annual air show so I'm guessing Cape traffic is going to be sick. Sicker than usual I mean.[/QUOTE]

True...however by using backroads, I can get in and out of there fairly quickly. I'm kind of looking forward to the Air Show, never seen it...think I'll stash a few iced brewskis...ride a little, sit back & enjoy whatever I can see from the woods. I live close by, so a little lazy R&R ride is no big thing. Plus...got to keep the knee swelling down...looks like sweet weather much of next week. Looks like KT (mid-week), w/camping, brews, pow-wows, steaks & friends...Nice!

BTW: Sweeeet bike & nice photos!