over my head

Orleans, MA area this weekend?

I'm stuck on the Cape for the weekend for a skating competition in Orleans. I'd like to get a ride in but my time window doesn't allow the roundtrip to Otis (where I would love to go). We are staying in West Yramouth (land of cheap hotels). Any good XC/technical riding between Orleans and W. Yarmouth or close by?

thx,
    BM
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

Lets RIDE!
    Trail of Tears is right in your area (exit 5 off rt.6), or Nickerson SP in Brewster, close to Orleans on rt. 6a. Sweet rolling singletrack. I'll be riding down there the following weekend.

Search through the old threads here....there are write-ups on both.

JZ
    It's not about speed, it's about lack of control.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZinVT
    Trail of Tears is right in your area (exit 5 off rt.6), or Nickerson SP in Brewster, close to Orleans on rt. 6a. Sweet rolling singletrack. I'll be riding down there the following weekend.

Search through the old threads here....there are write-ups on both.

JZ
    Trail review section might be easier than searching threads.

Nostralpicas
    Nickerson state park is like three minutes from the rink or you could cross the highway and get right to the trails right from the rink parking lot.We do a group ride at 9am on sundays. shoot me a pm if your interested or need directions.
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    bullymadison,

punkhorn parklands in brewster has some fun single track. we were going to ride tomorrow, but may see if we can join tic tac in nickerson.

tic tac,

we'd like to meet other riders here. mind if we join you? I see start time is 9am? where do you start?

Nostralpicas
    just west on 6a past the main entrance theres a parking area thats where we head out of.

over my head
    I thought the whole thing fell apart and that I brought the bike for nuthin. I got to the rink, dropped the kid's at the door and went to park the car. In the back of the lot, next to a drywall company was a trail head! I texted the Mrs. to find out if the competition was running late - it was! I got an hour and 15 minutes on some fairly sandy ATV trails. Better than small talk with the other rink dads. I could see that the area has a lot more potential if I had the time to explore and not have to be back so quickly.

A nice save to the weekend.
    If a little is good...a lot must be great!- B.J. McVane
    '08 Highline;'06(?) 5-Pack;'04 Specialized Enduro; '94 GF Tassajara

Lets RIDE!
    Tic Tac, I'll be in Brewster this coming weekend (4/10-11-12) and might try to catch the 9am Sunday group if that's cool. That's the Rail Trail lot across from the Rep Theater, right?

I know my way around the west side of the park pretty well; not so well on the south and east. Had a good ride with a 7am Sunday group that I bumped into last May.

JZ

Nostralpicas
    Sure come on down we will be there.The 730 boys are always faithfully there also they leave from the boat landing.Just remember its easter sunday.Would'nt want to get you in any trouble

Lets RIDE!
    Cool, I'll be there if the weather behaves itself. It's been nothing but wet here in Vermont for a week.....and maybe snow tonight. I've had only one short ride this season.

Probably be on my old black/yellow hardtail......still waiting for parts to get the FS ride rolling again.

JZ

Lets RIDE!
    I hope the Nickerson crew didn't wait around for me last Sunday.....I got a flat , then broke my front derailleur , while riding the trail up from Linnell Landing to meet you. Once I pulled the derailleur off I was stuck in the granny ring, so I just spent an hour exploring some of the stuff over on the east side that I don't know very well.

Oh well, maybe next time. I may be back for a weekend in May, and 2 weeks in June/July.

JZ