IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004

Northern MA trail conditions for Easter W-e?

Hey all!

We need a fix on singletrack this weekend... so we're thinking of driving down for 2 days of riding. Coming from Mount Washington after getting some turns on Sat. afternoon, we'd like to get some riding done...

We'd prefer southern vermont and new hampshire... but seems everything is still wet...

How about stuff in Northern Mass?

I've been to Holyoke (bachelor st) and Granby last season... How are things there? Any other location i should look into?

Basically looking for 2 days of riding that are close to each other...

Thanks for the input!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hey Big Jay,

Batchelor St and earl's (Holyoke Skinner) were great this weekend and, depending on rain this week, ought to be good come Easter.

Further North-Wendell, Dubuque, DAR are still too winter wet and in the cases of DAR and Dubuque mostly impassabe due to the December Ice storm.

Robinson SF in agawam should be pretty damn good as well.

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Thanks Liam!

I'll be on the lookout for the weather and probably go back to Holyoke... We'll see how things shape up!

Up here we're nowhere near trail maintenance (and building) season... Still snow on the ground in many areas... snowed a couple of inches yesterday but most melted... So we're looking for dryer trails so we don't have to use the cyclocross bikes anymore on wet dirt roads!

I'll e-mail you if we come down! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    you may wanna switch those days around on the weekend bigjay. the weather looks pretty wet through saturday with sun on sunday, which will probably be monday by the time we get there. we are getting pounded with rain right now so things will be wet for riding for some time. the skiing should be great sunday if the sun comes out. i'll be up north for the next 3 days dodging rain and snow on the big hill hopefully catching the good windows. may pick up a good amount of white gold up high.

why rush into riding now while it's wet and crappy when the best riding is in the fall when the masses are burnt out from starting their riding while it's still ski season.

rog

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by newmarketrog
    you may wanna switch those days around on the weekend bigjay. the weather looks pretty wet through saturday with sun on sunday, which will probably be monday by the time we get there. we are getting pounded with rain right now so things will be wet for riding for some time. the skiing should be great sunday if the sun comes out. i'll be up north for the next 3 days dodging rain and snow on the big hill hopefully catching the good windows. may pick up a good amount of white gold up high.

why rush into riding now while it's wet and crappy when the best riding is in the fall when the masses are burnt out from starting their riding while it's still ski season.

rog
    Yeah, we'll probably be on Washington during one of those days the way things are shaping up...

We're "rushing" into riding because we have a 10 trip out west the week after and would have loved to get some mileage done before heading out...

And when we come back, it's trailbuilding season... so i'll be building trails for the whole month of may... not much riding squeezed in there...

But well... we'll see how the weather goes!