mtbr member

Nickerson St Park Conditions

Anyone down there know what the trail conditions are at Nickerson? I see a road trip in my future...

No guessing, please.

MC MasterShake
    Subscribing. Any info on how much snow Otis has? Dying to get back on the dirt.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    Raineman, you could contact Jason via the CCNEMBA Facebook page, he might know someone who has the info.

Woodyak, I plan to explore this weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboxsteve View Post
    Raineman, you could contact Jason via the CCNEMBA Facebook page, he might know someone who has the info.

Woodyak, I plan to explore this weekend.
    Thanks steve

mtbr member
    Name:  image2.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  39.3 KBName:  image3.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  51.3 KB

Just returned from a little Otis excursion. I'd say 50/50 on snow cover. Probably spent 10% of the time HABing and 20% really slogging it through thick, wet stuff. It is also mushy (ground didn't fully thaw and the rain didn't fully infiltrate).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I rode Nickerson this afternoon and cleaned up a bunch of the trails along the way. It was great as far as snow goes (maybe 10% still covered) but the trails definitely took some damage from the storm. Flax has two big trees down and some other areas will require a chainsaw, but overall Id say it's very rideable. I'll be there again tomorrow riding and cleaning if anyone is interested..

mtbr member
    Do you think most of the snow would have melted by the end of today at Otis? This map makes me want to go tomorrow... Massachusetts Snow Depth and Snow Accumulation

mtbr member
    I rode both the Punkhorns and Nickerson yesterday. Snow-wise everything was great. Lots of stuff down, we did clearing along the way at the Punks, Nickerson was pretty nicely done up (thanks Kraken). Another fella posted to CCNEMBA's FB page that Otis was better yesterday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    We rode Nickerson on Saturday, was great as far as snow but a lot of debris down on the trails. Had some of our club go to otis on Sunday and they did not report favorable conditions. I think your best chance is to drive the extra distance to Nickerson. The worst of the trails was the loop around Flax pond.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone! I am hoping it'll hold out until this coming weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iceboxsteve View Post
    I rode both the Punkhorns and Nickerson yesterday. Snow-wise everything was great. Lots of stuff down, we did clearing along the way at the Punks, Nickerson was pretty nicely done up (thanks Kraken). Another fella posted to CCNEMBA's FB page that Otis was better yesterday.
    Thanks. For the record, it isn't just me cleaning up at nickerson. Credit should go to ALL of the local riders, everyone has been working hard to clean things up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I was with Steve at Nickerson Sunday and only encountered one blown down that we had to dismount for. Can't thank the local riders enough for their cleanup job there. 50 degrees and great riding were a treat from all of the crappy weather we've had most of the winter. Will return the favor at TOT and other mid-cape trails once they're clear enough of snow.

MC MasterShake
    Any word on Otis? Snow depth charts are looking good.
    Come stay and play at da Kingdom Trails! - http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3486813

mtbr member
    From what I heard from the Wednesday crew, it was clear, they rode skinnys, one short section they walked.

That being said, this forecast seems to say we may be getting more on Sunday....get out and ride Saturday! I know I will be!