Thread: New To Riding

mtbr member
    May 2010

New To Riding

Hey all. I'm new to mountain riding and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails to ride on? Preferably in the western mass area. More into the Wilbraham, Hampden, Monson, area. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    check out the thread in this forum on the tuesday night PV NEMBA ride at Robinson in Agawam-as great a place to start as anywhere-good folks, good trails and good riders to help you along..

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greene36
    Hey all. I'm new to mountain riding and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trails to ride on? Preferably in the western mass area. More into the Wilbraham, Hampden, Monson, area. Thanks for the help.
    If you don't mind a little driving, Try the Pittsfield State Forest. Bershire NEMBA have built some super sweet, flowy singletrack. Some of the lower trails are excellent for people just getting started, such as yourself.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeharder36
    If you don't mind a little driving, Try the Pittsfield State Forest. Bershire NEMBA have built some super sweet, flowy singletrack. Some of the lower trails are excellent for people just getting started, such as yourself.
    Thanks for the info. Me and my friend are just getting into it and so far, its been really fun.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Does anyone know of any good trails in Hampden or Wilbraham? I'd like to take one on tonight or tomorrow.
    GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

PVNEMBA vee pee
    Jan 2006
    Not sure about trails out that way, but we're riding at Robinson tonight @ 6PM if you want to join.

- Chris

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Don't have my new bike yet, otherwise I would join you. As of now I have a 12 year old Magna thing. I should have a new bike on Saturday.
    GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Anyone want to drive to Wilbraham for a ride? My friend and I are going to ride the lines. Tomorrow... Maybe.
    GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone want to drive to Wilbraham for a ride? My friend and I are going to ride the lines. Tomorrow... Maybe.
    Wilbraham has some nice riding.

Memorial school: Behind school, access from middle of yard, steep incline to start, bang a right, then nice single track along ridge.

Rice's conservation area: Access at end of Highmore Dr. Lots of nice riding with great Vistas.

I just moved to Hampden from Wilbraham and I'm still looking for the good stuff.

I could show you guys around sometime.

The powerlines suck for riding compared to these spots but they are a little steep in comparison to the powerlines...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    Wilbraham has some nice riding.

Memorial school: Behind school, access from middle of yard, steep incline to start, bang a right, then nice single track along ridge.

Rice's conservation area: Access at end of Highmore Dr. Lots of nice riding with great Vistas.

I just moved to Hampden from Wilbraham and I'm still looking for the good stuff.

I could show you guys around sometime.

The powerlines suck for riding compared to these spots but they are a little steep in comparison to the powerlines...
    You up for today? And there are also trails through Fountain park and off of Glendale road.
    GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    You up for today? And there are also trails through Fountain park and off of Glendale road.
    I'm working nights (rotate shifts) but free Sat. Also, next week I could ride friday.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by victim
    I'm working nights (rotate shifts) but free Sat. Also, next week I could ride friday.
    Depends what time on saturday. I have a party to go to and have no idea what time it will get out. And next friday is way to far out for me to plan on.
    GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Actually, I'm leaving to go biking around Wilbraham 1030 11o'clock if you would like to join.
    GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc