mtbr member
    May 2006

NEMBA MBAS 2010 #3 - Wendell State Forest 7/11/10

NEMBA's Mountain Bike Adventure Series returns to lovely Wendell State Forest on July 11th. Only minutes from Route 2 or Interstate 91.

Marked Loops for all abilities. Raffles, swag, camaraderie, local vendors.

Camping available at Wagonwheel Campground in nearby Warwick MA, or primitive camping onsite.

Team Schier will be providing delectable BBQ as part of their fundraiser for the Dana Farber Institute!

Mark your calendars.

Locals, let me or Stef know if you'll be able to help marking, manning booths, leading rides or whatever.

We've put in an order for spectacular weather.
    http://www.mtbadventureseries.org/mt...e/Wendell.html
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Routes have been decided... 4 hours or more to ride it all!

Dad has laid out a super loop for the heros amongst the experts! All the M&M north of Wickett Pond Rd, Up the Mormon Hollow Trail, Down on Hannah, Down Nipmuck yoo hoo!
    Up Bryant's Wickett Pond Trail, Down the Escape, up Dad's Hiatus, Curt's Way, the Old M&M, up the Powerlines and down the Frost.

If you're still standing at the end, we've got a few more gems tucked away...

See you there.

mtbr member
    Harold, as promised at the NEMBA meeting, Jason and I will do flag teardowns post-event.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks Chaz

I Raked the M&M from Damon to the Lookouts yesterday. That really is a climb folks.

The place is looking pretty good - although I keep getting messages that yet another tree is down on Bob-is-Fat. Pretty soon that trail will look like a frisbee fairway!
    NEMBA Past President...

Hassan's Ghost
    Sep 2008
    Chaz, thanks for upping my always non-committal participation to a "promise". Regardless, both C and I will, at the least, help with the tear down.

Delirious Tuck
    So want to go but have a wedding event to attend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by olapiquena
    Chaz, thanks for upping my always non-committal participation to a "promise". Regardless, both C and I will, at the least, help with the tear down.
    Oops. My bad. Thought it was a done deal. No worries if you can't make it.
    Oh well, we'll have a fun Sunday afternoon planned, anyway.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Group Rides:
    9:30am - Expert
    10am - Intermediate
    10:15am - Beginner
    10:30am - Fast Expert

Can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoepfchen7
    Group Rides:
    9:30am - Expert
    10am - Intermediate
    10:15am - Beginner
    10:30am - Fast Expert

Can't wait!!

That's a great line-up of led rides....whose doing the Expert and Fast expert rides?? (I know we can't make Matt do both of them! ).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    That's a great line-up of led rides....whose doing the Expert and Fast expert rides?? (I know we can't make Matt do both of them! ).
    For the expert rides, we have Steve Rossi, Matt Green and Kris Wyman but we're not 100% sure on who is doing which ride. We'll miss you Sunday! Can't the kids drive themselves??

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoepfchen7
    For the expert rides, we have Steve Rossi, Matt Green and Kris Wyman but we're not 100% sure on who is doing which ride. We'll miss you Sunday! Can't the kids drive themselves??

Probably sooner than later they'll drive themselves...those are quality ride leaders-everyone ought to head out and take advantage!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Our beginner loop is pretty 'climby', but not overly technical. If you're a real beginner lacking fitness for 1500' of climbing over about 8 miles of single and double track, see me at Registration and I'll give you a less rigorous loop to follow. The alternate loop will have more fire road, and some more technical sections (which can be walked around), but will still be a pretty nice ride.

Harold
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I will be down at Wendell soon, have been before a couple of times but was reading this and thinking you might have some more route suggestions or mark ups of the map based on what sounded like a great event.

I did find this post from awhile back...any other tweaked maps anyone would want to share?

Wendell State Forest - Adventure Series Ride July 12

mtbr member
    May 2006
    These were the loops this year

Black Expert, Blue Intermediate, Red Beginner, Yellow Hero section of the Expert Loop. When you are around, post up here, I might be around to show you the goods.

H.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NEMBA MBAS 2010 #3 - Wendell State Forest 7/11/10-wendell-state-forest-2010-mbas.jpg  

NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks Hado.

If you add in the yellow loop do you ride that first in a counter clockwise loop and then pick Baker back up and ride rest of the black after?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yeah, that is what we arrowed. It gets the big climb out of the way earlier in the ride.
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Lynn Woods questions - as a new member of NEMBA, this will likely be my first NEMBA ride. Is the intermediate ride the place for someone with some fitness but not a lot of technical skills?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That is usually the goal. Not a Lynn person myself, I can only assume they are maintaining that philosophy. My understanding/hope is that most of the gnar at Lynn has designed in go-arounds.
    NEMBA Past President...