mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Need Trail recon for Wendell, DAR, Dubuque

Anyone ride any of these areas since wednesday night??? We're cleaning up the deerfield-greenfield trails-would like to know what else needs attention (and might be less damaged and therefore closer to being ridden).

Drop me a line or post up here. The sooner the better!

Liam

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    anyone???

mtbr member
    Sorry it took me 12 hours to respond (put your patience pants on, man) - I've got a Sunday AM Leverett/Wendell ride planned. Letcha know what I find. Pre-storm, Wendell would have benefited from a run with a leafblower. Now it really needs one, guaranteed.

Actually, maybe I'll go do cleanup on Sunday then ride on Monday. Whatever. I'll keep you posted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    Sorry it took me 12 hours to respond (put your patience pants on, man) - I've got a Sunday AM Leverett/Wendell ride planned. Letcha know what I find. Pre-storm, Wendell would have benefited from a run with a leafblower. Now it really needs one, guaranteed.

Actually, maybe I'll go do cleanup on Sunday then ride on Monday. Whatever. I'll keep you posted.

The urgency only surrounded the need to possibly change the nemba group ride this morning--We've got the ridges and Sugarloaf N cleared of blow downs and will blow them off soon, I just like to know where to head next.--Just a list of trees that need a chainsaw and what trails they're on would be great (Harold and I will get after them next week).

Sounds like B-street didn't fare badly...which is good, huh?

Liam

mtbr member
    Aside from some big blowdowns on Twister and Lizard King (LK got hammered, but was the only trail to really get hit), the place is basically just messy with debris. It has already improved significantly from my Thursday AM reconnaissance ride. Someone is heading out today to start taking care of trees, so we're in good shape so long as riders keep picking up a few sticks as they go.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Wendell was pretty rideable today, lots of the expected debris and cog-cloggers, but not bad. The Maple Leaf trail had two or three impassable trees down in the beginning, and I think I remember some of the same on Nipmuck. One across one of the fire roads as well (don't know the place too well as it's pretty far from me, so I can't be super specific) Pretty good candidate for clean-up based on your criteria, in my opinion. Good luck! We'll be doing a bit of maintenance at Chicopee tomorrow. Grounds crew was out there on Thursday and cleared most of the big stuff (at least from the fire roads), but we've got an overgrown oldy but goody we want to revive.