digs bikes
    Jun 2004

In need of a Boston (or NYC) Internship (cross-posted in Passion board)

My name is David, and I'm turning to the board in my time of need. I've been looking for a summer internship in a bike-related (mountain or road) company for a while now, with no real luck. I'm a sophomore mechanical engineer at Tufts in Medford, MA. I've got the means to live in Brooklyn or Boston. I don't need to be paid- I just have a deep interest in the industry, especially frame and component design. I love to ride (I ride at the Fells in Medford while I'm at school, and I've been looking into getting a road bike, too), and have always been curious about the gritty details of frame building and materials. Basically I want to get more involved in something I'm really passionate about.

If anyone has any ideas about companies I could contact (or better yet, if anyone is involved in a business that's looking for an intern) please leave me a post or email me at david.bunger@tufts.edu. I can send anyone who's interested a resume, and I'd love to do an interview... I'd gladly travel to NYC for one. If you live in the Medford area and are looking for someone to ride with, leave a post too.

A huge thanks to everyone who read this,
    David

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm not sure what kind of luck you will have in boston because I don't really know of any big bike companies that are based or have offices in boston. You might have a little more success working on the corporate side in NYC, but again it is unlikely that you will find what you are looking for.
    Just ride.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    There are a lot of frame builders in the area. Call the folks at Independant Fabrications (www.ifbikes.com). You could also call Seven or Ted Wojcik. Good luck!

digs bikes
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucieli
    There are a lot of frame builders in the area. Call the folks at Independant Fabrications (www.ifbikes.com). You could also call Seven or Ted Wojcik. Good luck!

Amazing- i'll call seven tomorrow- i've always wanted a Sola... i had no idea that they were based in MA.

mtbr member

get in there

Quote Originally Posted by Bunge
    Amazing- i'll call seven tomorrow- i've always wanted a Sola... i had no idea that they were based in MA.
    Make us proud Bunge!
    There's probably a lot of people on this board from time to time that dream about dropping what they might be doing and try to make a go of it in the MTB world. Sounds like you are a pretty prime spot in life to make that run at it. Go get it!
    And of course, keep us posted on how it goes.
    Wrecker of fine things