mtbr member

Natick area riding?

Going to be staying in Natick, for a day later this week since the wife will be working there for one day.

Are there any rial trails where I could spend a half day or so riding my CX bike? I do not like riding on street with cars and looking for some biking opportunities for a day.

Thanks

Where is my mind?
    Depening on trail conditions head to Mount Pisgah. It's a new trail for me (I've only just hiked) it but it looks like a real blast. Get feedback on trail conditions because it's very rocky (chicken & babyheads throughout). I'll probably head there sometime this week.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Re: Natick area riding?

Try Cutler Park on the edge of Needham/Newton. There is a good mix of tall there that is all suitable for Cx riding. Not a ton of elevation but enough to have some fun sort downs. Ride the tail along the highway and then the loop clockwise on the other side of the wooden bridge. Park at the Kendrick St. Parking lot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtforester View Post
    Try Cutler Park on the edge of Needham/Newton. There is a good mix of tall there that is all suitable for Cx riding. Not a ton of elevation but enough to have some fun sort downs. Ride the tail along the highway and then the loop clockwise on the other side of the wooden bridge. Park at the Kendrick St. Parking lot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I will have my Cyclocross bike with me so I am wondering if most of the riding in this park is more suitable for a mtn bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I live in Natick and there's some local in town riding but it's definitely more suited to a full on MTB as some of it's rather rough. Loop I do is broken up 50% road/50% trails but the trail portions would be too much for a CX bike. Cutler in Needham has sections that could definitely be ridden on a CX bike, my FS is too much for Cutler. Few sections might be better suited for a MTB but you could get practice hopping off the bike and running it for 30 yards or so! Probably your best bet.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the very informative response, it is very helpful!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    Thanks for the very informative response, it is very helpful!
    If it's CX you're riding, Cutler is probably the smoothest trails around this neck of the woods. I was there Sunday and trails are super buff in the usual places. Enjoy!