Vermonter to the Core

Nantucket Riding

Hi All,
    I will be on Nantucket in May for the Food & Wine festival "Chefing" a booth.. I have a two day down time from my first event to the last two.. So I was thinking of bringing my MTB with me and hitting some of the local single track.. I have read that its kinda touch and go at best but I was wondering if anyone knows of any established trails?
    Thanks,
    JEM

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    We have lots of good trails, if you want to come by Young's Bicycle Shop I would be happy to draw some trails onto a map for you, or if it happens to be on my day off I would be happy to show you around.

Vermonter to the Core
    Thanks! I will do that. I will be there from the May 19th until the 25th with my free days the 21st and 22nd.. Do I ask for junglejim??
    JEM

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just Jim will suffice, you can usally find me toward the back of the store, but hopefully we will be busy during the festival so I could be scrambling around anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I also have no idea what my days off will be that week so I can't really plan ahead, that being said if you come into the store and it's my day off ask for Tyler and he will do a great job pointing you to some trails.

Vermonter to the Core
    thanks man!
    JEM

Vermonter to the Core
    Hey Jim, any idea what your schedule looks like this week?? looks like I am going to do a AM ride on Thursday , all day ride on Friday, mid afternoon on Sat and Sun...
    Jason
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)

Vermonter to the Core
    I just wanted to post up that the guys at Young's bikes on the island are AWSOME!!!!!!!!! Jim showed me around the local ST even after I snagged a fisher stick and snapped my Rear hanger.. he quickly rigged me up SS and we charged on... after the ride was done we parted ways I headed back to the shop to see if they had the parts I needed to fix up the RZ... we Tyler spent some time out of his super busy day finding me a hanger... I needed a new chain so the guys gladdly put the bike on the stand and put the new chain on for me... come to find out that the DR cage was a touch tweaked so the boys spent some time bending and putting things back to normal (well almost.. but close enough)

THANKS GUYS!!!
    JEM
    09 Marlin Disc
    2010 Cannondale RZ 120....
    2011 Trek XO Crossbike
    .......... __o
    ......... -\<
    ........(_)/(_)