Mythical Creature

N.E. races this spring / summer..?

Any good mtbike races happening late spring early summer? I'm trying to set up a trip to see Mom back in Beantown, and would like to get a race in too, while I'm there....

Any recommendations? Can be north, south, or west up to a few hours away, no problem.

Thanks!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Black Lion
    Sunday May 15, 2005
    Watershed Wahoo
    Auburn, NH

Sunday
    May 22, 2005
    Bear Brook Challenge
    Allenstown, NH

Both are EFTA races here are the others http://www.efta.com/schedules/races2004.php
    Very well put on and attended.

Hope this hels out.
    Greg
    Voltron

Mythical Creature
    Cool! The EFTA site was just what I was looking for... Bear Brook sounds fast and flat - but fun... I see that the Bradbury Mtn. Race is June 6th which would be perfect schedule wise - how's that race? Freeport, ME is an area I used to know pretty well, but know that I can mooch a ride from pop's as he can go goof off in Freeport while the race is happening.

Thanks for the help!
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Black Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by glenzx
    Cool! The EFTA site was just what I was looking for... Bear Brook sounds fast and flat - but fun... I see that the Bradbury Mtn. Race is June 6th which would be perfect schedule wise - how's that race? Freeport, ME is an area I used to know pretty well, but know that I can mooch a ride from pop's as he can go goof off in Freeport while the race is happening.

Thanks for the help!
    I raced the Bradford Race two years ago and found it hard. But It was my first real expert race so that could be the reason. The course is killer. Bear Brook is one of my favorite places to ride, the race is just as great.

Look me up if you come into the Boston area and want to do any local rides.
    Greg
    Voltron

The Riddler
    I think any of the races here in the east (w/ a few exceptions) are going to feel flat, but anything but fast. Both bear brook and bradbury are two loops, 14 and 13mi respectivly per lap. Bear brook is fairly technical and usually real wet. Bradbury has two loops to make the big loop that you do twice. The first one is flat, loamy and very muddy if wet. The second half has a decent amount of climbing but is all roots. I would say they're two of the best three races in the efta series. You won't miss out with either. I can give more accurate descriptions of the courses if you want. PM me or whatever.

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    I raced the Bradford Race two years ago and found it hard. But It was my first real expert race so that could be the reason. The course is killer. Bear Brook is one of my favorite places to ride, the race is just as great.

Look me up if you come into the Boston area and want to do any local rides.
    Greg
    Hard is good, gotta love the challenge. Funny, I rarely rode in NE when I lived there, now I'm itching to give it a try after a 4-5 abusive years out west here!

I'll holler when I firm up dates - it'd be great to hook up for some riding with folks who know where there going... FWIW, I'll be splitting time between mom in Newton Corner and dad in Gloucster... to give you an idea of where geographically I'll be staying.

thanks again, glen
    follow me on Twitter!

Mythical Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaparzo
    I think any of the races here in the east (w/ a few exceptions) are going to feel flat, but anything but fast. Both bear brook and bradbury are two loops, 14 and 13mi respectivly per lap. Bear brook is fairly technical and usually real wet. Bradbury has two loops to make the big loop that you do twice. The first one is flat, loamy and very muddy if wet. The second half has a decent amount of climbing but is all roots. I would say they're two of the best three races in the efta series. You won't miss out with either. I can give more accurate descriptions of the courses if you want. PM me or whatever.
    Hey - I never realized you were an easterner! Roots? I never get to ride them things - what are they? Like brown, slippery rocks? :-P Relatively flat compared to say, the Firecracker 50 in Breck, CO is a good thing, IMO! (12K feet climbing in 50 miles... - ow!)

Cool, will holler when dates are set, and sounds like Bradbury would be cool.
    follow me on Twitter!