Thread: Myles Standish

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Myles Standish

Im taking and TCCC course in Duxbury on 8/22 and 8/23. Rather than drive back and forth to Truro I'm going to camp at Myles Standish Wed and Thursday night. Gonna bring bike and do some riding. Are the trails marked well? Any thoughts on where I should go? t
    Thanks Tom
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    The trails are not well marked for the most part. There are 2 marked loops that are pretty fun. They are: the loop around the East Head Reservoir and the Bentley loop. The trails are ridiculously non technical considering its NE. Honestly, there are no rocks, and few roots. I've only ridden there a few times and I had to look around to connect the two loops, there wasn't any obvious connector. I think those 2 together were roughly 9-10 miles.

There are a lot of other trails, and I've heard that the dirt bikes have made a bunch of new trails, but I have no idea where they are. There is also a paved bike path.
    NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    If you are already in duxbury than you should try the north hill marsh in duxbury, super fun place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    North Hill Marsh it is. My class is at the Duxbury PD which looks like its about 2 mins away.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    There are two parking areas on both sides of the street. Park at the one that looks more like a half moon and stay on that side of the street. That is where there is lots of single track is. The other side is mostly double track and a couple cranberry bogs.

mtbr member
    Myles Standish can be very sandy in places. I only ride there in winter when the ground is frozen. Dux has some great trails. Check your PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Rode Myles Standish in the am and duxbury after class . Duxbury gets the nod. That being said. I got about an hour in and flatted out. Went downhill from there. About 1+ hour later was back at the lot. Regardless I've already called my riding buddies and were gonna do a road trip this fall. Thanks for the input

mtbr member
    Nice, I'll have to get over there some time. I've noticed that Bill Boles does weekday rides at Duxbury a lot, I'll have to get in on one this winter.

mtbr member
    Bill knows his way around Duxbury for sure. Rode TOT today with him.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
    Moonlander