mtbr member
    Sep 2006

My fiance is looking for women to ride with

Hi,

We're from the North Central Massachusetts area. She's a beginning xc style rider who mostly rides fireroads and light singletrack. She rides a Trek Fuel 7 WSD.

Thank you ladies.

mtbr member
    I have a friend thats just starting to ride also. Shes pretty much riding the same stuff. Mostly we go to hodges in oxford. We kind of do spur of the moment rides but if you both want to join the ride its open invite.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Saturdays are usually ok and in September Sundays are also going to be open. I ride with Drew and he is advanced, I am learning and taking my time. Would be nice to have someone at the same level to learn with. When are you guys available, maybe we could work something out soon.

mtbr member
    Techeal is said friend... I dont think im an advanced rider either lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thank you for the reply. We were at Hodges back in the spring when the water was so high that a lot of the trails were flooded. She and I have both been wanting to get back there since.

Saturdays will probably be better until downhill racing season is over. This month and September have most of my Sundays booked as a result.

I'll sit down with lady duckaxe tonight and see what's good, then post.

Thanks again and we'll look forward to getting a ride in with you guys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    How does this Saturday morning work for you guys?

mtbr member
    Saturday wont work this week. Shes has to work and im a loser that cant drive lol.. i know you said sundays wont work for you but if she wants we re trying to do a sunday ride. About 11- 12. We re thinking leominster but nothing is definite yet. Also I dont know leominster at all so we re winging it. It will be a slow ride though and Im planning on trying to keep it easy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it Sunday. I have a downhill race at Highland Mountain. Next Sunday is a DH race at Mt. Snow. We'd definitely like to hook up with you guys though. It's just a little crazy for me during racing season.

I wish I could go with you to LSF tomorrow. I know the area like the back of my hand. When we do hook up, I can show you some of the trails that only the locals (i.e.- me) know. Lots of varied and pretty terrain.

Best place to park is the Rocky Pond Rd. entrance. From Rt. 2, take exit 28. Take a left onto Rt. 31. You'll go past the Best Western Hotel on your right, a pine power plant on your right (roll your window down, it's smells fantastic). Past the ranger's station on the right. You'll pass a public access beach on the left. Crow's Hill Ledges will be on the right after that. Once you pass the parking lot for Crow's Hill ledges, start looking for a dirt road on the left. It's just before a guardrail. If tomorrow is nice (supposed to be), there should already be cars with bike racks there. If you get to the junction of Rt. 140, you've gone too far.

There's all kinds of diversions once you get there, but your gf might like to start with Rocky Pond Rd. itself. Stay on the fireroad that's behind the gate. Follow it for about 3 miles and you'll come to another gate. That's the Elm St. entrance. There's stuff beyond that, but it's pretty easy to get lost if you don't already know the way.

You'll pass Wolf Rock Rd., Center Rd., Parmenter Rd. and Brook Rd. All are fireroads and fairly easy, with the exception of a rock/root strewn section at the bottom of Wolf Rock Rd. where it meets Center Rd.

Happy hunting and hopefully we can all get out soon.

mtbr member
    Any chance you were at the NEMBA july 4th ride in lsf?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Not a chance. I was in Vermont with my parents.