Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GT554's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    247

    MTB trails near Southwick Mass.??

    I'm headed up there at the end of the month (8/28-8/30) for the AMA Nationals(Motocross) and would like to do a MTB ride on Friday afternoon.
    Any suggestions? Or maybe someone will be around to be a Tour guide???
    Thanks for any info,
    Justin
    2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29'er Carbon 1

    2009 Cannondale Super Six Red

    2013 Salsa Beargrease

    2012 Surly Pugsley

  2. #2
    achiever
    Reputation: redwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    743
    Robinson SP in Agawam is closest. Smooth, twisty singletrack. You'll definitely need a guide, though.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    972
    Penwood isn't too far away in CT, maybe about 20 minutes from the Southwick line. Its a pretty rocky / technical out and back along a nice ridge line.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GT554's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    247
    Thanks guys, I'm actually staying in Enfield, Ct so trails near there would be even easier.
    2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29'er Carbon 1

    2009 Cannondale Super Six Red

    2013 Salsa Beargrease

    2012 Surly Pugsley

  5. #5
    thread killer
    Reputation: WTF-IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by GT554
    Thanks guys, I'm actually staying in Enfield, Ct so trails near there would be even easier.
    got a pick-up truck?

    I live in Enfield. if you got a truck I can show you some of Snenipsit state forest in Summers. One town over from Enfield. it's the closest ride you'll get to Enfield.

    Two to three hours of rock gardens.
    next time

    [QUOTE=spazzy] Might as well sell your bikes, E-riding is much more productive.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GT554's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF-IDK
    got a pick-up truck?

    I live in Enfield. if you got a truck I can show you some of Snenipsit state forest in Summers. One town over from Enfield. it's the closest ride you'll get to Enfield.

    Two to three hours of rock gardens.
    We'll probably be taking up my Expedition. Sounds like the kind of place I'll need to take my good wheels off... the bike.
    2012 Cannondale Scalpel 29'er Carbon 1

    2009 Cannondale Super Six Red

    2013 Salsa Beargrease

    2012 Surly Pugsley

  7. #7
    thread killer
    Reputation: WTF-IDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by GT554
    We'll probably be taking up my Expedition. Sounds like the kind of place I'll need to take my good wheels off... the bike.
    the place is very rocky. but it's doable if you can ride rock gardens.
    I don't know what it's like where you ride. do you have rocks?
    next time

    [QUOTE=spazzy] Might as well sell your bikes, E-riding is much more productive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •