Thread: Mt Tom?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Mt Tom?

I hear there's some trails over around Mt Tom that might be worth checking out. Anyone ride over there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Mt. Tom....

It's aggressively anti-bike and there are DCr enviro cops there patrolling it from time to time who will ticket you/ seize bikes etc.. There are a few decent trails, a big, steep gravel road climb, and can be hooked in with the new trails at the Broadbrook conservation area pretty easily. Some of the folks who livce right in Easthampton/ south hadley like it cause it's really close--but I can't imagine riding past batchelor St/ Earl's to ride mount tom

From where you live, DFINN, it's not (IMHO) worth the risk or the gas money--Mount Toby-which is closer and legal serves up similar terrain--but more of it and it's better. Heck-a long epic on the greenfield/ deerfield/ sugarloaf north ridges will offer way way better riding (and no risk of getting hassled by the man!).

Give me a shout if you want more info or to put you in touch with mt tom afithful.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks Liam, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Sounds like it's probably not worth the trouble.

I'm kind of looking for some new trails to check out, that's why I was asking about Mt Tom. Deerfield ridge is on my list.