mtbr member

Mt. Holyoke guide??

Heya, I am in Mt. Holyoke for a few days (out here from Ithaca). I only have time from 1:30-4:00pm to ride each day. I am trying to ride Tuesday and Wed....50% chance on Thursday.

Any rides folks can recommend w/ time constraints? IS a guide possible? Thanks!

I'll return the favor if anyone wants to come out to Ithaca.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You have to ride Batchelor street, about a 5 minute drive north on 116 from the school. I can't ride at that time of the day, but I'm sure one of the Nemba guys will man up and offer to show you around.

mtbr member
    So, in the event that nobody can guide me - which is likely due to the weird timeslot - can somebody give me a good loop? I think i can track down a trail map.

Assuming certain terrain/conditions, i'm comfortable with a 10mile-ish ride in the time i have allotted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Someone will step up to guide you (hey Matt G or Chaz are you out there??).

Self guiding might work-just park at the well defined dirt parkinfg area off of batchelor St in Granby (google maps will get you there)-head right out on the single track on either the left or right side of the lot-you'll find more single track to follow as you go along...all of it is challenging, you'll never be more than 3 miles from the parking lot.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan
    Someone will step up to guide you (hey Matt G or Chaz are you out there??).

Self guiding might work-just park at the well defined dirt parkinfg area off of batchelor St in Granby (google maps will get you there)-head right out on the single track on either the left or right side of the lot-you'll find more single track to follow as you go along...all of it is challenging, you'll never be more than 3 miles from the parking lot.

Matt's up north this week, and I'm running all over the place for Jeff and Alli. No help from us this week.

HG
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Just saw this. Bummer, because this AM I gave a tour to someone new to the area.
    I won't be available at that time, but will be riding tomorrow evening. I could also do a tour any time on Thursday.
    drop me an email - chaznielsen AT gmail DOT com. I can pm you a good loop. The online map is pretty handy if you're a semi-competent map reader.

mtbr member
    No worries, i drank too much/too late and never got out to ride. My time constraints were also kind of a hassle for me even.

I'll get out there some other time with a full day. I have some Albnay area buddies who want to ride there, so that might make it easier.

Thanks folks.