!snotrocket!

mt.greylock state res.

I was just looking at the mass.gov site about the mt. greylock reservation and they boast over 70 miles of trails for mtb, hiking, backcountry skiing and snowmobiling. I did some further searching around and didn't come up with much. I know there is a ton of riding around north adams but I'm interested in the res. itself. I live out on the cape and would love to check out the goods to the west and this place look's perfect so any info and pics would be appreciated.
    http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/mtGreylock/recreation.htm

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

There is no singletrack that I'm aware of

Just old logging roads .. Very steep too. We are hosting a ride in Pittsfield St Forest June6. Why not check that out? Look at the Nemba site for more info. Harry

!snotrocket!
    too bad there is no st at greylock, it looked like a killer place to ride. I'll have to check out the pittsfield st forest. thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've never attended but there's a mtb ride around Greylock every year. I've thought about going but... .

I've ridden up over Greylock but nothing really was great. started at Notch rd (actually farther away...) and went to first trailhead and was mostly DT with narrow preferred line. riding back over from Pittsfield SF via New Ashford was a 9-10 mile climb on dirt rd. And I live where you are: CC

Pittsfield is much better and Lenox also really good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    greylock is killer for bc skiing/snowboarding. I have hiked it in the summer and winter but never biked it. The trails are wide there. I know someone who has ridden there on there dh bike. He had a good time. I live in CC as well.....yeah CC.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There is single track there, but it's all off-limits to bikers. I don't think it's heavily patrolled but like folks have said, with the amazing amounts of quality riding at Pittsfield, Lennox and October Mountain-why bother?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The Greylock Go-Round is really a doubletrack ride some good climbs and fun but not singletrack. For Berkshire riding-like Harry said-Pittsfield State Forest, October Mtn (need a guide for those trails), Lenox Mtn, Balance Rock.
    Mike