mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Moving to South Shore... Any DH/FR

Hey all,
    I am moving to the south shore (Raynham) and wanted to know if there is and good DH/FR in the area. I know of Highland but I wanted to see if there were local trails that people have been building up.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Vietnam is probably about 30-35 minutes away (Milford) and has some freeride type trails, with drops, tabletops, berms and skinnies. Not much vertical, but a lot of rocks.

Borderland State park in Easton has about 10 miles of very rocky terrain. Not a lot of drops, but many rollers and granite slabs mixed into the chunk.

There are a lot of rocks, but not a lot of vertical around here. Raynham is pretty centrally located, so you'll have lots of options within an hour. You can ride flowy smooth singletrack on the Cape, or rocky, technical stuff inland. Highland is gonna be the closest DH.
    NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member
    I forgot about Diamond Hill in RI, used to be a small ski hill long ago. Some guys in RI have built some DH trails. 3 trails as far as I know. From what I hear most hike up, but I've heard there is a fire road thats rideable on an AM bike.

I haven't ridden it personally, I'd like to get out there this fall and check it out.

Not far from Raynham either.

Diamond Hill Rhode Island
    NEMBA Freetown VP

mtbr member

Moving to South Shore... Any DH/FR

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamjay View Post
    I forgot about Diamond Hill in RI, used to be a small ski hill long ago. Some guys in RI have built some DH trails. 3 trails as far as I know. From what I hear most hike up, but I've heard there is a fire road thats rideable on an AM bike.

I haven't ridden it personally, I'd like to get out there this fall and check it out.

Not far from Raynham either.

Diamond Hill Rhode Island
    At this point, we have 4 gravity trails of about 200'+ vertical drop at Diamond Hill. They are all pedal-able up a 2 track if you have an all mountain bike. We also have a 8 mile or so "aggressive xc" loop that should be marked out in the near future. The place is great with lots of potential. New trails are in the works.

mtbr member
    That's awesome, I'm definitely gonna check it out this fall. Send me a message if you guys are having any trail work days. I'd be down with helping out.
    NEMBA Freetown VP