mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Smile Monday 06/28, 6pm: Beg/Int Ride - Robert Frost Trail (Wendell)

The Robert Frost Trail goes all the way from Amherst up to Wendell. We will ride part of it across the street from Wendell. The trail is not exceedingly technical, and after the initial long climb you have a several miles long wonderful downhill that makes you forget all about the first part!
    We will meet at the Wendell State Forest Headquarters. Ride time is 6:00pm. Plan to get there about 10-15 minutes early to check your bike and and get ready.

Park Directions

From the east or west: Take Rte. 2 to Rte. 63 south through Miller Falls, Wendell Rd. over R.R. bridge, take Montague Rd. and follow signs.
    From the north or south: Take Rte 47 North to Route 63 North. Travel approximately 6 miles and follow lead in signs approximately 2 miles to the Park Headquarters. (From RT63: turn right on Highland St (before center of Millers Falls) to intersection with S Prospect St, turn right onto S Prospect St and follow that all the way up -turns into Wendell Rd, bear right)

Mandatory equipment:
    - HELMET!
    - Bike in good working order
    - Water

Feel free to contact me with questions for further information, car pooling or just to let me know you're coming. Hope to see you all soon!
    If you're unsure if the ride is still happening (rain, heat, surprise blizzard etc.) call me the day of the ride - leave a message if I don't pick up and I will call you back.

Contact: Steffi Krug "knoepfchen", (413)522-7321, knoepfchen7@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    This is just a heads-up regarding weather which appears to be extra-unpredictable today.

1) If it's storming at ride time, the ride will be postponed until another week. If it's raining hard - same thing; if it's drizzling and looks like it's going to stop any minute we will probably still ride.

2) If it's wet because it rained extensively during the day I will postpone the ride.

3) If it's dry but looking like impending doom we can still ride but I will change the route from the Robert Frost to something that stays closer to the parking lot so that we can head back quickly if we have to.

So, given the ridiculously high humidity chances are that it will rain sooner rather than later and will dry up by the time we go out. Maybe it won't rain at all! Keep your fingers crossed and feel free to call me (413-522-7321) before heading out. I will try to get up to Wendell a little early. There are stretches along the way where I don't get service; leave me a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.

Hopefully I'll see you all tonight!

Stef