mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Minuteman Bikeway Side Trails

Hey everyone, I've been starting to ride the Minuteman Bikeway in Lexington to get back into shape a little before I start hitting the trails when it's warmer. I noticed a lot of wooded trails on the side of the paved bike path, and I didn't know if anyone had ever tried these. Seems like some of them might be decent. I was riding in the Lexington/Arlington part of the trail today. Any info is appreciated.

-Ken

mtbr member
    Ken,

As a kid I rode those trails a bunch with both a bmx bike and motorcycle. They're called the Arlington Great Meadows. Actually found a link that might give some more info. http://www.foagm.org The one down fall is the land has some wet spots that connect higher grounds but, it looks like the friends are building boardwalks. If you explore a bit you can pop out on Maple Street(Emerson Garden Appts) and off Lowell Street (Lexington Christian Academy) in Lexington. I'm glad you posted this thread since you sparked my interest to check it out as an adult.
    Hope this helps.

Steve

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for the reply and the map. Looks like there's some good trails on the left and top aeras of that map. I looked around very briefly at the entrance to the meadows where the sign is, but everything was too soggy to ride. I won't be in that area of MA again until the summer, but I'll let you know if I find anything good.

-Ken