Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    A few days ago at F. Gilbert Hills in Foxboro on my Trek Scratch Air 9. Finally remembered to take a photo as I was finishing my ride. Swapped out my Fox shock for a Marzocchi Roco Air TST, and changed the bars and saddle since my last post.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Pearly Brook

I ride Pearly Brook in Gardner, MA. This place has a lot of good single track and if you have never been there its definitely worth checking out. Easiest way to get in to Pearly is at the yellow gate over by the golf course.

My ride is Giant Trance X2 with a few upgrades.

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-253745_2142321435983_5974255_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Can't find any pictures of just my bike, so here is me on my bike.

(Edit: never mind, I guess I need 10 posts to be able to post pictures? That's kind of retarded...)

It's a ragley blue pig with a 150mm fork on it. 1X9 setup.

I ride Lynn and Highland mostly with somewhat frequent trips to Lowell, Russel Mills, Harold Parker, Bruce and Tom's, and G-spot.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i think i know who you are Austin...kinda sorta you know Alanna and Adam, correct? im in the Sat night bike group. I only recognize you because they were talking about you the other day, haha. (in a totally good rockin way)
    fap

Dissolved member
    I'll play. I ride mostly in the Fells and at Mt. Pisgah but I have ridden in a few other places, too - Foxboro, Vietnam, Wompatuck, Harold Parker SF and many of the easy bike paths all over NE with wifey.

Here is my steed - a 650b HT.

Winter Fells Riding

Mt. Pisgah

Falmouth, Cape

Reservoir hill in Woburn

Fells is so nice I have to post it twice

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i think i know who you are Austin...kinda sorta you know Alanna and Adam, correct? im in the Sat night bike group. I only recognize you because they were talking about you the other day, haha. (in a totally good rockin way)
    Hah, yep that's me. I also ride with Josh at Highland a pretty decent amount.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    I'll play. I ride mostly in the Fells and at Mt. Pisgah but I have ridden in a few other places, too - Foxboro, Vietnam, Wompatuck, Harold Parker SF and many of the easy bike paths all over NE with wifey.

Here is my steed - a 650b HT.

Winter Fells Riding

Mt. Pisgah

Falmouth, Cape

Reservoir hill in Woburn

Fells is so nice I have to post it twice
    Really sexy ride. Is the frame 650B specific?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Intro

Hi! I Wanted to introduce myself here. I just took up mountain biking and I am hooked. I got a cheap hardtail off CL (specs below w/stock pic) that I am quite pleased with so far but realize will need to be replaced sooner rather than later if this obsession keeps up. Got a nice tune up at Cycleloft and guys there thought I should have no problem hanging out in some rough stuff with it.

I live in Burlington and rode the LLF last weekend with a friend who is an advanced rider. I had a hard time keeping up with her but loved every minute of it! I am nervous to try the NEMBA thurs night ride there because quite honestly, I don't think I could do 2 full hours. I'm good for about an hour to 45 mins tops at this point. I foolishly thought all the spin classes I've been doing would help but they sure didn't seem to! ha!

So, if any beginner/adv beg out there wants to ride the LLF or Great Brook with me I'm all up for it!

Oh, and I just bought some clipless (been using cages) and i'm terrified. Def going to try them out first a few times in spin class. Anyone know how much LBS will charge to install new pedals? Easy to DIY?

Here's my bike specs according to bikepedia. No idea if all hold true since I don't know what half of these parts are (yet).

2006 Genesisters | Marlin GS WSD Frame : Gold Series 6061 T6 internally and externally butted aluminum | Genesis Geometry
    Wheels : Alloy front hub, Shimano RM60-8 rear hub + Bontrager Camino rims + 14G Stainless Steel spokes | Bontrager Jones XR 26x2.25 tires
    Componentry : Shimano M-511 Deore rear derailleur + Shimano M-410 Alivio front derailleur | Bontrager Sport 42/32/22 crank | Avid SD3 linear pull brakes w/ Tektro RS360A levers | Alloy platform pedals
    Suspension : Manitou Axel Elite w/TPC Lock-Out | 100mm travel | Magnesium lowers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-2006_marlin_gs.jpg  

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    Really sexy ride. Is the frame 650B specific?
    Thank you Dan. No, it is not a 650b specific frame, it is a standard 26" On one 456 Carbon with an XFusion Velvet 130mm fork. It works great as a 650b conversion though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StiHacka View Post
    Thank you Dan. No, it is not a 650b specific frame, it is a standard 26" On one 456 Carbon with an XFusion Velvet 130mm fork. It works great as a 650b conversion though.
    Awesome. I want to lay in bed with it. Is that weird?

Dissolved member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    Awesome. I want to lay in bed with it. Is that weird?
    Not at all.

mtbr member
    No pictures of the bike, but when I used to ride trails I loved Freetown State Forest in Freetown and Assonet, MA.

I'm planning on getting back into it soon, and that's where I'm headed.Tons of great trails in there, and seemingly a little bit of everything, terrain-wise.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ^^ nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm new to both MTB and the forums, but am transitioning from the offshoot paths/fire trails along the Nashua Rail Trail to the Groton forest area. At this point, I have yet to hit Leominster State Forest. Other recommendations in that area?

Riding a 2013 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 29er...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Im currently riding a borrowed Cannondale prophet while i search for a hardtail, bit of overkill on the cape trails i ride. occasionally i venture over to west barnstable/TOT but mostly ride the otis/151 area, not the best riding in the world but atleast its close

mtbr member
    May 2012
    2012 Trek Remdy 9 at Borderland State Park, Saturday 07/28/2012.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-rsz_1rsz_img_3096.jpg  

2012 Trek Remedy 9
    2012 Trek Superfly Al Elite

Coloradobike
    Aug 2012
    Trek Superfly 100 Pro, ride at batchelor st, earls, robinson state park, case mt,

Also do group rides wednesday at 6 and saturday at 6 meeting at the colorado bike and ski shop. coloradoskishop.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-photo-154.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectDevice View Post
    Sure. The trails are by the Hadley Resevoir, across the street from Hampshire College. They hook up with the excellent Batchelor street trails, but are far faster and less rocky.
    Awesome, thank you! I'm just getting into mountain biking, and I live in Northampton so this seems like it'd be a good fit!

Tyler

mtbr member

Beginner...

Here's my, new to me, Ibex 03 Ignition-2. I got this bike for $175 off CL 3 days ago. I'm just starting out, so I haven't gone on any local trails, but I'll be trying Grafton, Millbury and eventually MIlford when my riding skills improve.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DropkickMurphy View Post
    Here's my, new to me, Ibex 03 Ignition-2. I got this bike for $175 off CL 3 days ago. I'm just starting out, so I haven't gone on any local trails, but I'll be trying Grafton, Millbury and eventually MIlford when my riding skills improve.
    Check out Blackstone Valley chapter of NEMBA www.bvnemba.org for our Wednesday evening rides. The location changes every week. This week is Upton SF.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I saw that. Unfortunately, for the next 3 weeks my son has hockey practices on Wednesday nights. I'd probably hold everyone up too much as I'm stopping to suck wind, LOL. Thanks!

The_Afterman
    Been riding at the Fell lately. Love this trail.

Zion 737 Ebb SS (32:18)

Dat view.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Just joined the forum and reentered MTBing. Sporting a 2003 Fuji Nevada and 2013 Specialized Rockhopper comp 29er. I've ridden F Gilbert Hills, great variety in difficulty. Waiting for some more free time to hit up Vietnam and Wrentham State Forest.

hoverplow
    hello everybody. lots of great info on here that has helped me in the past.
    here's some places ive been riding in the last few months:

western greenway (mainly due to proximity)
    cutler park
    LLF
    Russell Mill/Great Brook
    HP- wicked ride route a few times
    Lynn
    BP/WIllowdale/ClevelandFarms/Georgetown
    Wompatuck

ill also get into some lift service riding at Mt Snow or Highland a couple times a summer.

img wouldnt post since i havent put in my 10 yet (why?) but i ride a slayer.

mtbr member
    Def some nice bikes in MA. I will have to find some pics of my old Homegrown that I have been crashing on regulary for like 10 yrs.

Vietnam, Noon Hill(Medfield), Wrentham, Arcadia, and Salmon River(CT) for me. Any good group rides in the Foxboro area?
    Audi & VW Service
    http://fourwardmotors.com/

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast