Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Hi everyone....My wife and I just moved to MA from RI; big move I know. We've been riding trails all over MA for years but now that we're officially residents I wanted to pop in and say hi. Some pics of our bikes are below. See you out on the trails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_5455.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_4886.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_4881.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_4936.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_5399.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakfish View Post
    Just got a new bike for generally going fast and hopefully racing. Rocky Mountain Vertex 970 RSL from JRA, a hardtail carbon 29er. Mostly I ride Stow Town Forest since I abut it but enjoy riding anywhere.
    Nice bike!

How's that Ikon treating you on the front? I have one on the rear of my HT, and have been thinking about running it up front, but worry about the lack of cornering knobs.

BTW - It looks like your chain could be shortened a link or so. Might cut down on some chain slap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSumner13 View Post
    Hi everyone....My wife and I just moved to MA from RI; big move I know. We've been riding trails all over MA for years but now that we're officially residents I wanted to pop in and say hi. Some pics of our bikes are below. See you out on the trails
    Welcome to MA!

Nice stable you guys have. See ya on the trails.

aka Gumbo
    Apr 2006
    Antonio - The Ikons are riding nice for me, I have not noticed any issues with losing traction in the front on hard corners but I don't yet have a lot of miles on the bike. I also tend to run whatever tires I have and don't experiment much. This is my first time with a 29er and tubeless so I am still figuring out tire pressures and overall handling,

Thanks for the tip on dropping a link - have not noticed chain slap yet but will keep an eye on it.

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Welcome! What part of town are you guys in?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Starting out mtb after 'crossing a few years. I have been riding in the Fells, Blue Hills, and a few times to Leominster. Anyone have any good recommendations for places to ride off the commuter rail?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    There's some GREAT riding in the Beverly/Manchester/Gloucester area. Greenwood ave is very close to the Beverly Farms stop. Gspot is a couple miles from the Manchester stop. B&Ts is very close to the West Gloucester stop. I'm not sure exactly how, but I'm fairly certain you can ride from Beverly to Gloucester on almost all singletrack. So you could take the train to Beverly ride to Gloucester and take the train back. Pretty sweet

Willowdale is also only a couple miles from the Ipswich station.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My 2012 Specialized Hardrock 29 and 2011 Australian Shepherd Senna.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Haven't figured out pictures. I ride a cannondale caffine 4 29er.
    A lot of riding in the Midlesex fells, harold parker, Otis, and red tail trail and others in NH when I can. Always down to try new trails in the eastern MA area

mtbr member
    2 bikes - Niner and KHS. One pic is the rock quarry between bstreet and earls, the other is from bstreet on a trail called Far East.

I also ride in Ludlow..

And yes, I do rock and love the gloves! lol...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_1068.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-web-version.jpg  

“People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    I just got a Rockhopper.

I ride around Boston mostly, head up to the fells.

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-bike-rightside-up.jpg

I am new to this forum and It has already help me.

I am replacing a 1993/4 Trek 930, So this new bike is incredible.

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-two-bike-pic.jpg

Look for me in Downtown Crossing doing wheelies up Washington St
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJZ74 View Post
    I just moved to Foxboro, MA from Northern California......gotta get used to this winter weather riding. Don't really have a favorite trail out here yet. I've ridden F. Gilbert Hills once so far, but plan on checking out Vietnam and Borderland as soon as I can. As for my bike, I have a 2009 Kona Hoss Hardtail, and a 2011 Trek Scratch Air 9 which I picked up on Friday.
    Here's a pic of the Scratch.

That is a nice Scratch! Let me know if you find any good trails for it (I may be moving to MA soon)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    B-street

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    my old hardrock. ride mostly in LSF and ashburnham

mtbr member
    Nice bikes and nice Kuat. I love my Kuat rack and the customer support is awesome even a year later.

This is my latest addition to my fleet:

This one will be my urban assault bike. I'm usually riding around the streets of Boston anyway. You can find me around the Charles!
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie

mtbr member
    This is by far my favorite thread. I just wish it was bigger, with more pics of trails and bikes!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Live in Hudson NH. Ride mostly at Lowell / Dracut State Forest and Russell Mill. Coming off a 1997 Avalanche GT hard tail, this is my first full suspension bike and I can not get enough of it.

Why did I wait so long???

2011 stumpjumper fsr comp 29er

see me rollin, they hatin
    I've lived in northern MA and southern NH. So i ride both states. This is actually Bear Brook in NH, on top of Catamount hill. A bit of a hike for southern MA residents, but i suggest you make the trip

mtbr member
    I'm out in Western Mass. I ride the old and new trails at Facing Rock in Ludlow, and also hit up Earls and B-St on my Sette Ace (photo to come). I also commute from Ludlow to Palmer as often as I can over Red Bridge on the "Old Lady" pictured here. It was my first mountain bike: 1999 Speshy Hard Rock Comp and she got me back into the sport and saved my life 2 years ago. Treated her to new hoops, tires, crank and cushy seat for her new role as my commuter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-old-lady.jpg  

mtbr member
    I live in North Central MA. I have ridden Maudsley State Park, Lynn Woods, Quabbin Reservoir, Tully Mtn., And Little Monadnock Family trails in NH. I can't post pics yet, but I ride my old dependable 96 Klein. I only live 25 min from Leominster, but have never ridden there, hopefully this summer.

Old faithfull.

Last edited by Dirtoyz; 06-04-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added Picture

mtbr member

MORE Bstreet

The perfect trails of Bstreet.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_1203.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Just moved back to Massachusetts after 5+ years in DC. Live in the Western 'burbs, go-to ride is Beddy but enjoy RM and the Fells (especially now that Orange is legal!) as well. Haven't had a chance to ride anything else yet but looking to explore.

Here's my new ride, present to myself for getting a job up here. Thanks Brian and JRA! And no, I don't ride anywhere near well enough to warrant such a nice bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmblur View Post
    Just moved back to Massachusetts after 5+ years in DC. Live in the Western 'burbs, go-to ride is Beddy but enjoy RM and the Fells (especially now that Orange is legal!) as well. Haven't had a chance to ride anything else yet but looking to explore.

Here's my new ride, present to myself for getting a job up here. Thanks Brian and JRA! And no, I don't ride anywhere near well enough to warrant such a nice bike.

Sweet ride and WELCOME BACK to Mass!

mtbr member
    I know - I post wayyyy to much in this thread.... But...More Bstreet ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_1228.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img_1227.jpg  

Sun Devils
    Jan 2008
    Where I ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-ne2.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-ne3.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast