Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Mostly riding Womptuck or Vietnam these days. I'll also ride the Fells, Harold Parker and Cutler Park on occasion.

Here's my new Santa Cruz Butcher.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

person
    Waiting on a spitfire these days and my old rig has been retired. You know that saying, you can't teach an old dawg new tricks?.. NOT true

IMG_4539 by loosewheel26, on Flickr

IMG_4566 by loosewheel26, on Flickr
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Cape Cod here. Getting back into biking after years of lame or no riding. Live near the Trail of Tears and have been there twice in the last week. Bike is a '99 C'dale Raven 700SX with Spinergy wheels and 6 bolt Avid mechanical brakes. Thinking of a new bike, but will wait a bit. Photo taken this morning near the "highest elevation in Barnstable".

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    ^ that bike is a sexy beast. When you get a new one don't sell that baby, hang on to it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

New Ride

I love to ride Mt. Tom, the M&M Trail in Holyoke, the Robert Frost trial around Amherst, and occasionally Batchelor St.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-trance3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here are my 2 Niners. I ride the Deerfield Ridge,Hawley S.F., Earls Trails and when I'm on the Cape it's the ToT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-072.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-074.jpg  

Last edited by highpitch; 05-30-2011 at 07:32 AM.
    Who's Highpitch?.....This is Kelly Clarkson.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Those niners look bad to the bone! Is the hard-tail a single speed?

mtbr member
    It sure is. It was a geared bike last year. The "tensioner" is an old xt der.. I still have all the parts to turn it back into a geared bike if I so desire.
    Who's Highpitch?.....This is Kelly Clarkson.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Nice dude. See ya out there!

see me rollin, they hatin
    Yudicky in Nashua! (twisty singletrack. not many miles but FUN stuff) Also on occasion, bear brook (allenstown nh), Pawtuckaway, Lowell/Dracut, Beaver brook (hollis NH), Hampstead NH (they logged the crap out of it ) and of course, Kingdom Trails a couple times a year. i live in Southern NH.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey guys checking in new rider from Reading, MA I have a 2010 Rockhopper. I have been riding the Reading forest and have been up to Harold Parker a couple times. Also did the reservoir in Haverhill once.

Female weekend warrior
    Another newb checking in. I'm on the South Shore. So far have ridden Ames Nowell, Blue Hills Reservation, and Bare Cove. Bike is a 2003 hardrock comp.

blet drive
    Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-downsized_0317011540a.jpg ss belt

Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  10.4 KB big squishe

Name:  trek.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  7.7 KB old school

local worcester trails, west milbury ,rayburn,mendon rd..
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Cannondale Prophet

Has anyone ever rode a Prophet...I ride a cannondale hard tail SL2 now and have always liked the company. I was thinking about upgrading to the Prophet for lynn woods...if anyone has any info or opinion on the bike I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by cimminob; 08-23-2011 at 11:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    NEW here! Name is Ross, from Ludlow... just bought a Windsor Cliff 4500. It arrived today, had it assembled at Mickey's in Chicopee (solid job btw). Took it out for a 45min ride on some trails I normally run through.

Fun was had!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Here are my 2 girls.....my pride and joy
    07' Trek 6500 w/ upgrades .....still working on
    2012 Trek Fuel EX 8......will be upgrading next summer

I usually ride at Assabet River in Sudbury but i tried Harold Parker State, and also Stow National
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img-20111209-00132.jpg  

Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-img-20111208-00118.jpg  

Last edited by Mountain Biking Guy; 12-17-2011 at 06:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Another new rider (at least mtb-wise... I've been road-biking around the area quite a bit). Just got a Motobecane Outcast 29er (a single speed hardtail) delivered yesterday. It's assembled and I took it out for a shakedown run around the Turtle Pond area in W. Roxbury/Hyde Park because it's biking-distance from my house. Hoping to try it out Saturday on some real rides. I've got a friend on the north shore, so thinking maybe Dogtown.

That kinda hurt.
    New Member, semi-new rider. Used to race downhill and CX, gave up Downhill for a few years, getting back into racing this upcoming season at Gravity East. I'm in the market to build the new Downhill bike, so it's not listed on here, but it'll be a Transition TR250/450 or a Yeti 303 R-DH.

Currently Riding Cutler, the Woods, Blue Hills, and i've ridden most of the downhill ski-resorts years ago.

Rides:
    2008 Cannondale Rush 5z: 1x9 setup

RaceFace Atlas FR Cranks
    MRP Chain guide
    Mavic Crossmax wheels
    RaceFace Next SL Handlebars
    RaceFace Next SL Seatpost
    WTB Devo Saddle
    Hope Tech Evo x2 brakes

2010 Trek Madone 5.2 Pretty much Stock,
    SRAM Force Groupo
    Trek integrated Computer
    SRAM Red cranks

2010 Felt F15x
    "new" 105 groupo
    Easton EC90X carbon wheels
    Easton Carbon Bars
    Easton Carbon Seatpost

2010 Mercier Kilo TT track bike
    SRAM Omnium Crankset W/GXP bottom Bracket
    Velocity Deep V's with Machined Front and plain rear
    Brooks B-17 Ti saddle
    Nitto RB-21 bars
    Crank Bro's 5050 pedals with Hold Fast Star Straps

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I just moved to Foxboro, MA from Northern California......gotta get used to this winter weather riding. Don't really have a favorite trail out here yet. I've ridden F. Gilbert Hills once so far, but plan on checking out Vietnam and Borderland as soon as I can. As for my bike, I have a 2009 Kona Hoss Hardtail, and a 2011 Trek Scratch Air 9 which I picked up on Friday.
    Here's a pic of the Scratch.

mtbr member
    Knolly Endorphn......Ride all ofer North Shore, Lynn, Dogtown, Pine Street, Gordon College, Gspot, HP Willowdale,

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Looking for Seekonk Area riders

I'm starting to blaze some trails in the Seekonk, Rehobeth area and could use some assistance and riding pals. I've been down here for about 18 months and haven't found any other real riders or decent trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-drop.jpg  

gbnemba.org
    Quote Originally Posted by eureka! View Post
    I'm starting to blaze some trails in the Seekonk, Rehobeth area and could use some assistance and riding pals. I've been down here for about 18 months and haven't found any other real riders or decent trails.
    You are smack in the middle of some good riding - Lincoln Woods in RI and Freetown State Forest in MA.

I really don't want to come off as holier than thou or a narc, but are you in touch with the land managers/owners where you are blazing trails? If not, it's a good way to get a promising riding area shut down.

I'd check out these sites for more places to ride and help building trails:
    Southeastern Massachusetts New England Mountain Bike Association
    RI NEMBA

Happy Trails

Chris in Framingham

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Very true, Chris. I am currently speaking with one land manager, the other area I'm working on I have not located any info for. I've ridden LW, but not Freetown yet. I'm looking for as local as possible since there is an abundance of land in the area.

aka Gumbo
    Apr 2006
    Just got a new bike for generally going fast and hopefully racing. Rocky Mountain Vertex 970 RSL from JRA, a hardtail carbon 29er. Mostly I ride Stow Town Forest since I abut it but enjoy riding anywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mass Riders, Post Your Bikes/Where You Ride-vertex-post-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    I have a 2009 Trek 6000, although only the frame and seatpost remain from the original bike,

I ride Rutland State Forest, Trout Brook Reservation in Holden, and Plummer's Landing in Northbridge.
    Last edited by pucelano; 02-22-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast