Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Hic-A-Doo-La!
    Quote Originally Posted by runhuskyrun
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Nice. Dogs and bikes. What's not to like?
    Busy monster eats dark holes in the spirit world
    Where wild things have to go
    To disappear
    Forever... - B.C.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

here in southcoast

I ride Freetown Forest, Otis, Nam, and Arcadia in RI. The bike Pics are old with the Fisher Sugar plus and Mountain Cycles Mohohave been relaced by the Ellsworth ID. The Ellsworth Isis remains. Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    this is my everyday bike. use a C-dale ht for racing. unfortunately the Intense FS frame hasn't been as reliable as my HTs. go figure.

I'm on Cape Cod so my local riding is Trail of Tears, Otis and Pinehills. but I go everywhere but my favorite of New England is the Berkshires. Lenox, Pittsfield, Savoy.

Is Muddy

K2 Attack 3.0/Intense 5.5 EVP

Current: 2003 K2 Attack 3.0, Chris King Headset, 2002 1/2 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 2 Forks, Thomson Elite 5 Degree 100mm stem, Easton EC90 Flat bars, Shimano XT BR-M765 Hydraulic brakes, Galfer Pads, 160mm front & back, Mavic 717 UST Rims laced with DT Swiss Champions to XT IS Disk Hubs, Maxxis Ignitor 1.95" UST Tires, Truvativ Holzfeller Triple cranks, Sramp PG990 Hollowpin chain, 11-34 XTR Cassette, Sram X9 Rear derailleur & trigger shifters, Deore LX Bottom swing front derailleur (crap), Drive Magnesium platform pedals, Race Face Prodigy DH Seatpost, FiziK GOBI Ti seat, Bontrager grips, Rock Shox Bar 1 Air Shock (rear) 30LBS!!! - I have put 600+ miles on the bike since late last summer but I am probably the 7th owner of this bike (paid $30 and a McChicken sandwich for it) + Its been beat to crap and scares the hell out of me when I ride. My 7lbs of 130mm Marzocchi DJ2 doesn't help that either. If you don't believe the weight, I don't blame you. I use a broken supermarket scale with hooks to weigh it in.

FOR SALE:
    2001 Giant DH Comp Downhill competition bike - White, 8.5" Travel front and back, Manitou Dorado carbon fiber double crown front forks, Easton Carbon Fiber Monkeybar DH handlebars, Intense LOCK-ON grips, Shimano Deore XT 4-Piston hydraulic brakes and levers, stainless steel braided line, 180mm rotor front, 160mm rotor rear, FRONT WHEEL: Mavic 321 36H Laced w/DT Swiss spokes to DT Swiss Onyx 20mm thru front hub, REAR WHEEL: Mavic 321 36H Laced w/DT Swiss spokes to Sun Ringl'e 12mm thru-hub, Race-Face Prodigy DH isis cranks, MRP Aluminum Chainguide w/mountainspeed rollers, MRP Aluminum Bash-Guard, SRAM PG91 Hollow pin 9Spd chain, Deore XT 9-Spd cassette, Deore XT M760 rear derailleur, 9Spd deore trigger shifter, Sun ringl'e pedals, Maxxis HighRoller 2.35" Tires - GREAT SHAPE, SOME SCRATCHES AND CHIPS, NO DENTS, WORTH $4000 Yours for $1200 w/out a seatpost and seat.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I'll include a chrome 2001 Haro shredder for free.

On the way: Intense 5.5 EVP w/Manitou Swinger 4-way Gloss Black, Fox Talas 32mm RLC, '07 XTR Bottom swing front derailleur, '07 XTR 175mm Cranks, Thomson Elite seatpost, Thomson Elite X4 OS stem, Easton Monkeylite DH Riser bars, Avid Juicy Ultimates 180mm front & rear, Mavic Crossmax SL UST wheelset, SRAM X-0 trigger shifters w/matchmakers, SRAM X-0 Long Cage rear derailleur, Hutchinson Python Airlight UST Tires, Oury Grips, ALL THE GOODIES!!! :-D

At 16 years old you may think I begged mama and dada for the previous two bikes but I earned the $$$ for both bikes working at International Bike in Newton. I mostly ride Hudson Park/Naked man because they are about a mile from my house. Problem is, no one I know who is my age is as dedicated, skilled, or educated in the fine art of all-mountain and xc mountain biking as I would have expected. Me and one other person I know go riding there a lot. If anyone rides the way I do in the Newton/Needham/Wellesley area, I would love to get an e-mail or pm. All the relatively experienced am/xc riders I know are planning a ride for fun sometime this summer. This includes most of the IBC employees w/bikes like Hecklers, Rocky Mountains, .....and Trek Liquids (I know, I know...don't ask) Anyone is open to come. Besides that, Im just looking for someone to ride with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

South Coast, Mattapoisett

Hi All ,
    I have lived & ridden in the Mattapoisett woods for years .Great cross country trails & in the last couple of years a big time free ride playground. I do not know who is doing all the work in there ,but it is freakin great stuff......like Vancouver ! I ride a hard tail Gary Fisher Excaliber ,& am old .so I dont do the stunts & big air. I do ride the bridges & trestles .Lots of Classic New England pine woods C/C trails in Matt woods.Check it out sometime.Rt 195, Ex 19A.
    mellodog

Is Muddy
    You wondered why my name was Intense5point5. Now you know. Got it yesterday and I will tell you that this bike is simply perfect. It is a bit early to say so but it inspires your riding confidence in so many ways. The medium (19" ST) fits me like a glove and I can do some crazy ****. With the relatively worn and outdated components currently installed, It still runs fine and weights 30lbs, 4oz. w/ the K2's old 7lb DJ forks. Expect a Fox Vanilla RLC, Industry Nine AM Wheelset, Red Middleburn cranks, XTR Front derailleur..etc... The works.

2007 Waltworks 29er,
    2007 Intense 5.5 EVP,
    2006 Specialized Langster,
    2002 Giant DH Comp,
    1993 KHS Montana Comp SS.

Nostralpicas
    P3250007.JPG nickerson state park trail of tears

mtbr member
    I got a Cannondale Prophet 1000 in July of 2005. I mostly ride closeby in the Blackstone Valley - Rayburn, Hodges, Nam, Ribbon Candy, Singletary, Sutton, Upton SF, and Leominster. My absolute favorite place to ride is Kingdom Trails in VT. Webs, Old Webs, Tody's, Sidewinder - can it get any better?
    Last edited by woodsguy; 04-09-2007 at 08:53 AM.

mtbr member
    GF sugar 2 I bought new around 2002 I think and a specialized rockhopper I just picked up off ebay. The sugar has always been a little to big for my liking so I bought the rockhopper hoping to get rid or the sugar but after getting the rockhopper home there is no way I can get rid of the Sugar. Sadly I have to report I really dont ride anywhere anymore Im hoping to change that this year though.. Wish me luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Mostly Nam,Foxboro,Leominster, Rocky Woods & Noanet (my back door)

"The Freak Show"
    My 03 Big Hit project
    Go big or go home in a wheel chair!
    Info on 2011 racing season

try driving your car less
    I ride a Ted Wojcik 29er, almost exclusively at Otis. I ride less now that I have a family of my own, and really mostly ride on weekdays during work breaks.

My primary riding buddies moved out west, so if you want to ride at Otis midweek (or weekends) send me a PM. I have also been riding less since I usually end up riding solo... so I go running instead.

My folks live in Warren VT, so I ride there in the summer, as well.

Only boring people get bored.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    '07 Spec. Rockhopper Comp/Disc
    '99 Spec. Hardrock (currently converting to a road/commuter)
    I primarily ride Upton SF, Callahan, some local trails in Worcester, Borderland SF... just getting into Leominster, and need to hit up Townsend (where I grew up and rode as a kid)

(The bike got a good cleaning after that ride...)

mtbr member
    noob here from the springfield area. coming over from bmx which got far too boring. don't actually have my bike yet, should be in on friday so i damn excited about that. for now i'll give you guys a stock photo.

06 Specialized Big Hit FSR I

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sail114
    '07 Spec. Rockhopper Comp/Disc
    '99 Spec. Hardrock (currently converting to a road/commuter)
    I primarily ride Upton SF, Callahan, some local trails in Worcester, Borderland SF... just getting into Leominster, and need to hit up Townsend (where I grew up and rode as a kid)

(The bike got a good cleaning after that ride...)
    I live in worcester. Where do you ride I dont know any trails here. I ve heard theres some near the airport but that isnt much help.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I keep hearing about the beverly trails on the forums, I am in danvers and was wondering where these trails are in beverly?

Who are the brain police?
    Look on the trails section of mtbr. It lists 3 trail systems.. link
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    heres a new one i just got .... i ride franklin, milford nam , gilbert foxboro. down the cape and in the boston / provi. and norfolk jumps.

05 ironhorse 7point 5

mtbr member

Taken today at Mattapoisset Woods. Lots of skeeters in there now.

mtbr member
    Rode a little of rayburn today. Had a great time but im out of shape like a somma gun. Otherwise it was great. I need to learn the trails better though. Not sure if I started in the right place but I did eventually find the arrows it didnt loop like i think its supposed to though.... Have to work on that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'm new to the area,( just moved from pittsburgh) but i have been exploring, lynn woods, middlesex fells, blue hills, and cutler park. Looking for more places, the closer to jamaica plain the better. I keep reading about B&Ts online and from some pics i have seen it looks amazing. I would be really interested in hooking up with a group ride there, where ever it is.
    My brand new Diamondback Mission 3.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    Just took it on its maiden voyage today at lynn woods, and it was a dream. The bike is soo buttery smooth and i haven't even really dialed in the suspension yet.
    Took it off some fun stuff in Lynn.
    My old bike, 1996 carbon Trek Y, now single speed

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason@Cambridge Bicycle
    I'm new to the area,( just moved from pittsburgh) but i have been exploring, lynn woods, middlesex fells, blue hills, and cutler park. Looking for more places, the closer to jamaica plain the better. I keep reading about B&Ts online and from some pics i have seen it looks amazing. I would be really interested in hooking up with a group ride there, where ever it is.
    Hey, I saw you today. I thought about asking to ride the bike as I've never even seen a Mission in person. The huge event at Lynn today was organized by Dieselbikes, (www.dieselbikes.com) who lead group rides all over MA / New England trails. Check 'em out.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Is Muddy
    Here's an update of my rides from earlier on. :-) 29lb Intense 5.5 EVP, 21lb SS Cannondale Killer V-500 custom painted, and finally, the Giant DH Comp at 44.5lb

2007 Waltworks 29er,
    2007 Intense 5.5 EVP,
    2006 Specialized Langster,
    2002 Giant DH Comp,
    1993 KHS Montana Comp SS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    that killer v is pretty cool. no rear brake though???

And to ride faster. I am gonna try to hook up with one of the diesel bike group rides. thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I ride around Boston and Saugus-Boston, I used to race a lot when I was younger then I went to boarding school in Idaho when I was 15 and rode a lot out there, but when I came back I drove and only really started riding in the city when I went to college. I am starting to get back into it, I also just discovered I am about 2 miles from the lynn woods, just I am on the opposite side of where everyone meets.. I don't really have a problem with the technical and almost never a problem with the technical downhill, but the endurance is what kills me. I used to live in Natick and BackBay so I know those areas decently well. If anyone wants to ride sometime in these areas feel free to PM me. Btw im 24 and dont really care what age you are race religion sexual preference what ever I dont care what you do as long as you dont push it on me.

this is a Giant Canyon limited I got after new years for 300 bucks off a coast guard guy that was leaving RI (craigslist). The lobster on the front is for easy identification and I think it makes it just ugly enough at 1st glance to make it less stolen in the city. They were giving them away in Copley as apart of a Nova Scotia travel thing.

This is a trek I got off a guy my dad works with that was going to china, it has those kinda cool lean forward forearm handle bars. The frame is to small for me though, Also the computer flew off it when it was on the trailer. so if you want the part I still have let me know

this is the part of the computer I still have =(

once again if you need this thing let me know I can give it to you in the city or at lynn woods event, or mail it locally. I don't want any money for it and I don't have any use for it.

Last but not least my old school Schwinn this was the 1st sweet spot design and one of the last USA made SchwinnsI have grown out the frame quite a bit it is a 17.5 I think If anyone is interested in it or its parts I accept trade goods and mula =) All kinds of stuff, make an offer I will accept just about anything or if you are broke I could probably hook you up with some parts. It has a nice set of Titec HellBent raiser bars I think they are 1 inch lift or maybe 1.5 I cannot remember. The front wheel is in way out in Sturbridge, I used the valve on the tube on a cagiva and forgot to put it back, or bring it back for that matter. This was my 1st Mt Bike and I have had it since new I think for 9 years now. The frame is good and would make a fun single speed project in the future. I like what Jason did with his trek Y frame I am thinking something along those lines. I have a huffy with V brakes under some crap too that guy that went to china gave me too. But other then the brakes that bike is total crap. I don't see me having much do for it in the near future so if anyone wants it that will actually use it in the area I am up for letting it go for like 20 bucks, or trade for something random like a bottle of some Rhine area wine. I have had the bike for ever and would really like to see someone be able to get half the fun out of it that it has given me.
    Last edited by underdog; 06-05-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast